I'VE GOT MAIL! #2

Notifications
Clear all

I'VE GOT MAIL! #2  

georgeschire
(@georgeschire)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Going to my mailbox has always been a fun part of my day.  As a kid I used to have comic book subscriptions, so I'd never miss receiving my favorite super-hero comics.  Later it was car magazines.  But I'd discovered 1:24 scale diecast models, receiving the regular brochures from Franklin Mint and Danbury Mint touting a "Latest New Model" made getting mail something I really looked forward to.  

Funny as this may sound, I can practically recall the surge of excitement felt when just about every brochure arrived, and I couldn't get to phone fast enough to order the car advertised.  This brochure for Franklin Mint's 1949 BUICK ROADMASTER RIVIERA certainly is one of those memories.  This hardtop beauty is on my self since that fateful phone call and remains a favorite.  

img004
img005

SOME REAL BUICK CAR FACTS:

Buick's most stylish model for 1949 was the RIVIERA HARDTOP COUPE and available only in the ROADMASTER series with a production run of 4,343, making them extremely rare today.  Buick has claimed bragging rights for high-production hardtops with its debut of the '49 Riviera and it is often sought out by collectors.  The car weighed 4,420 pounds and sold brand new for $3,203.

img006

John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Reputable Member

That looks like a great brochure, while I have the one you posted of the Mercury. I don't think I've seen this one before. Very cool.

ReplyQuote
georgeschire
(@georgeschire)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jcarnutz

That looks like a great brochure, while I have the one you posted of the Mercury. I don't think I've seen this one before. Very cool.

The front grille view of the Buick actually opens up and it's almost poster size, but being the size it is, I didn't scan that part of it.  

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Reputable Member Registered

Years ago I collected the FM and DM brochures and then gave them to a friend. Big mistake. I appreciate your posting them here...what great memories.

ReplyQuote
georgeschire
(@georgeschire)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @bob-jackman

Years ago I collected the FM and DM brochures and then gave them to a friend. Big mistake. I appreciate your posting them here...what great memories.

I've been in your situation Bob, with giving something to a friend.  Yes, big mistake.  I'm glad you like the brochures I've posted so far, it is my intention to share them on a regular basis, as time permits of course.  So stay tuned, as they say on TV.  Smile

ReplyQuote
Share: