Classic New Arrival!

This is the 1949 Mercury Coupe Atlantic Blue in 1:18 scale by Auto World.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3Oid6pn

New VDM Project

Notifications
Clear all

New VDM Project

Page 5 / 6

Vlad Sorokolat
(@vlad-srk)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @lloyd-mecca

Incredible work! Now, if I might re-direct your attention to these other Cadillac models that have not been done yet...

Unfortunately, the heat and COVID slow down the work. I'm waiting for the painting, which is now hindered by the heat.

ReplyQuote
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member

Vlad, I have thoroughly enjoyed your progress reports with their excellent photos.  I have had this Tootsietoy for many years, as it was the only game in town.  Your model looks as if it will become the standard by which any future effort will be judged.  Well done!

ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Noble Member

I wholeheartedly agree with David. Looking forward to the final product.

ReplyQuote
Vlad Sorokolat
(@vlad-srk)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @d-m-holcombe

Vlad, I have thoroughly enjoyed your progress reports with their excellent photos.  I have had this Tootsietoy for many years, as it was the only game in town.  Your model looks as if it will become the standard by which any future effort will be judged.  Well done!

Posted by: @mg-harv

I wholeheartedly agree with David. Looking forward to the final product.

Friends, thanks for your advances! I myself can not wait for ready-made copies of this model.

ReplyQuote
Vlad Sorokolat
(@vlad-srk)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  
Many collectors expect to see my 1/43 scale model of 1905 Cadillac Osceola blue, as in the first photo. But in reality, it will be completely different. Why? Find out more.
Whereas the body of Leland’s car has not changed for more than 100 years, the story of its color is more interesting.
In 1906, Cadillac updated the standard color combination of its cars from 𝘗𝘶𝘳𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘓𝘢𝘬𝘦 (a deep wine color) to 𝘉𝘳𝘦𝘸𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘎𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘯 for the body panels; the earlier 𝘗𝘳𝘪𝘮𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘦 color used for the frame, axles, and wheels was replaced with 𝘋𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘊𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦 (a dark burgundy color with a slight purple tinge). Black was used for the lower part of the body.
That was the exact look of Leland’s Cadillac Coupe when he got behind the wheel for the first time in 1905. May I remind you that it was built on 1906 chassis in the 1906 colors that it became a car of the future!
Since then, the car has been repainted several more times. In 1953, Leland’s granddaughter painted it for the last time; on cleaning the body, at least ten layers of paint were revealed. Since then, the car has remained dark blue and black.
photo 01
photo 02

This is the appearance of Osceola today                                       The model's body color corresponds to the color combination of the 1906 Cadillac

ReplyQuote
M_Hulot
(@m_hulot)

@vlad-srk Very good choice! And the next version will be the blue one with ten layers of former paints... 😉 

ReplyQuote
Vlad Sorokolat
(@vlad-srk)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @m_hulot

Very good choice! And the next version will be the blue one with ten layers of former paints...

Ten layers of paints will be expensive, but I'm not sure there will be a demand for such a product 😉 

ReplyQuote
Vlad Sorokolat
(@vlad-srk)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  
Finally.
It.
Happened.
The first model of the 1905 Cadillac Osceola — at the final stage of assembly! And it's mind-blowing 🙂 Imagine that a super-compact model only 2 ½ inches long can hold more than a hundred small, meticulously executed parts!
Of course, the photos can convey neither the smell of fresh paint, the relief of openwork parts, the feeling of the metal weight when you hold this tiny thing in the palm of your hand. But I'm sure you will appreciate the work quality.
assembling 01
assembling 02

The sizes of parts can be estimated better at the comparison                     This suspension unit includes 15 individual parts

assembling 03
assembling 04

I tried to make the chain realistic                                                                                 The engine has small additional parts, although it is made together with the floor

assembling 05
assembling 06

You can find the pusher and ignition wires on this model                                Of course, the engine will not run without an air supply and cooling Smile

assembling 07
assembling 08

Together, the parts create a unique lace                                                                Not all parts are connected to the model bottom yet!

ReplyQuote
Vlad Sorokolat
(@vlad-srk)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

And who is so small here? This "fork" under the wheel is the world's only throttle quadrant in the 1/43 scale. Next to him — a few more fragile babies: pedals, door handles, and a speed control lever. The hood and trunk handles, footrests with the inscription and the front axle bracing wire fit comfortably outside the model.

The future owners of the Cadillac Osceola model will have a small quest: to find the details hidden in the glazed interior Smile Clues you can see in the photos to this post.

assembl2 01
assembl2 02

The world's only throttle quadrant in the 1/43 scale                                            You will see the steering wheel, the throttle quadrant, pedals, door handles,

and the speed control lever if you look inside the cabin. There is no roof here

yet, but parts can be seen through the window glass

assembl2 03
assembl2 04

I was not joking, calling the details tiny                                                                      The inscription CADILLAC on the step with a diameter of 3 mm can also be read

assembl2 05
assembl2 06

Note the front axle bracing wire and front wheels hubs. Do you remember the scale?      The handles would be hard to spot if they weren't shiny

assembl2 07

The trunk handles are even smaller than the door handles

ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Noble Member

Absolutely stunning model Vlad! Looking forward to No. 7.

This post was modified 10 months ago by Harv Goranson

ReplyQuote
Vlad Sorokolat
(@vlad-srk)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @mg-harv

Absolutely stunning model Vlad! Looking forward to No. 7.

Thanks! It may be faster than you think 😉 

ReplyQuote
Vlad Sorokolat
(@vlad-srk)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Finally, I can show it. All 108 fragile parts of the 1/43 scale 1905 Cadillac Osceola are put together! It is a third more than its predecessor has — the 1918 Cadillac Type 57 Phaeton, which size is significantly larger (you can see the difference in the photo).

The first Cadillac Osceola is already on the way to its owner, and more than ten models are booked. Let me remind you that the series is limited: it has only 25 copies, and only half of them remain available for ordering. To book this red baby, write in the comments below the post or a personal message.

DSCN7073s
DSCN7039s

VDM Models has already produced the second Cadillac model                   The color combination is bright and harmonious at the same time

DSCN7025s
DSCN7047s

Cadillac had a sense of style in the first years of the twentieth century      Gold jewelry is also well suited to the Seminoles' leader 🙂 

DSCN7041s
IMG 20210901 161042s

Those who like to examine the back will also find it a lot attractive 🙂    Even the packaging repeats the color scheme of the Cadillac Osceola

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Moderator Admin

Awesome! I'll take one, Vlad.

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Vlad Sorokolat
(@vlad-srk)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jkuvakas

Awesome! I'll take one, Vlad.

Thanks! I wrote you a message.

ReplyQuote
Vlad Sorokolat
(@vlad-srk)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

The heroine of the 1905-famous song, which sounds behind the scenes, is looking forward to the sunny weather. The girl really wants to ride in a car in her new dress. Apparently, customers are just as eagerly waiting for the 1905 Cadillac Osceola.

Soon the rains will end, and the sun will rise 😊

Dear the 1/43 Cadillac Osceola model customers!

I know you're really looking forward to this baby, and I want to explain why it's taking so long. For me, quality is above all, so finding performers for quality casting and painting took even longer than developing the miniature from scratch.

Please don't worry: the models are in progress now, and I'm doing my best to get them to you as soon as possible. At the same time, I am sure that all the details fit each other exactly, and the complex two-color painting is made with extremely high quality.

I promise to keep you informed of the process. But I hope that some anticipation will make the meeting with Cadillac Osceola even more enjoyable 😊

Chav liked
ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 6
Share:

Classic New Arrival!

This is the 1949 Mercury Coupe Atlantic Blue in 1:18 scale by Auto World.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3Oid6pn