Clear all

New VDM Project

Page 6 / 6

Chav
 Chav
(@chav)
Prominent Member

it seems that the car modelled is closest to this restoration

https://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2016/12/model-h-cadillac-1906-1st-step-from.html

displayed in Gateway Colorado Automobile Museum and named "Model H" (a poster in the blog above questions the accuracy of "model H" title, saying this is Osceola)

ReplyQuote
Vlad Sorokolat
(@vlad-srk)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @chav

it seems that the car modelled is closest to this restoration

Yes, Osceola was like that until numerous reconstructions and repaintings

ReplyQuote
Vlad Sorokolat
(@vlad-srk)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

At last, I can say: the first ready-made model flew across the ocean and fell into the owner's hands!

Now you can see the bottom of the fully assembled model for the first time at the same time as the model owner. And here is something to look at:

✅ engine 

✅ flywheel 

✅ driving gear

✅ exhaust system

✅ cooling pipe

✅ chain drive

✅ springs

✅ radius rods

✅ steering system rods

✅ and even the linkage of the crank hole block mechanism and brake cables.

A total of 69 separate parts hide under the frame of this baby!

And most importantly: you can see each of them without removing the miniature from the stand. Especially for this, I made a clear window in the podium.

Do you think such careful detailing is a must-have option for vintage models? You can let me know in the comments by writing a number:

1 — of course, this makes the model more attractive

2 — no, it's just a whim of the manufacturer

pict 01
pict 02

1/43 1905 Cadillac Osceola. Bottom view                                                             Bottom view, a little closer

pict 03
pict 04

Engine, flywheel, driving gear, exhaust system, chain drive, rear axle ...  Radius rods, steering system rods, linkage of the crank hole block mechanism, brake cables ...

pict 05
pict 06

You can see bottom parts  without removing the miniature from the stand        This is what a podium with a transparent window looks like

ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Noble Member

@vlad-srk Vlad - My MAR review has been in the MAR editorial staff's hands for some time now - should be out any day. In the meantime here is a pic I took.

DSCN2666

ReplyQuote
Vlad Sorokolat
(@vlad-srk)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @mg-harv

My MAR review has been in the MAR editorial staff's hands for some time now - should be out any day. In the meantime here is a pic I took.

Thank you, Harv!

ReplyQuote
cadillaclloyd
(@lloyd-mecca)
Estimable Member

Absolutely, positively #1.

ReplyQuote
Vlad Sorokolat
(@vlad-srk)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@mg-harv Thank you so much Harvey for a thorough review

Mar review

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Moderator Admin

An amazing job, Vlad. It's not often a milestone is created. I missed the Brooke Swan Car because I hesitated. I'm not going to miss this one!

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Vlad Sorokolat
(@vlad-srk)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jkuvakas

It's not often a milestone is created. I missed the Brooke Swan Car because I hesitated. I'm not going to miss this one!

At one time, problems arose with the customer of "Swan" Phil Alderman with a sales intermediary for this model. Several models remained unsold from the manufacturer as a result. I remember the days when I sold these "swans" for $ 150 at the request of the manufacturer ...

Thank you very much for your kind words about my Osceola model!

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Famed Member Registered

Vlad, please email me at: robert61jackmanatgmail.dotcom

ReplyQuote
Vlad Sorokolat
(@vlad-srk)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @bob-jackman

Vlad, please email me at: robert61jackmanatgmail.dotcom

email was sent

ReplyQuote
Vlad Sorokolat
(@vlad-srk)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hey, hey, how interesting is here!

I am Cadillac Osceola, and this is my first Christmas! At first, everything was very unusual: something green and prickly touched me. It turned out that this is a Christmas tree, without which many people can not imagine a holiday. Then everyone around me began to fuss: running around the shops, rustling gift wrap. And the house became noisy because the whole big family came together.

I also met my family — the early CadiIIac family! It turned out that we have a lot in common: passionate hearts, endurance, and of course, outstanding appearance (sorry, I couldn't help it Smile ) I'm looking forward to a fun party with relatives, I even feel a pleasant crank jangling.

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas in the family circle! Warmth, comfort, and love! See you in the new year!

imageedit 1 7904462396

ReplyQuote
cadillaclloyd
(@lloyd-mecca)
Estimable Member

@vlad-srk 

and the best of the season to you, also!

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 6
Share: