After several post ...

Notifications
Clear all

After several post here about the Grand Sport Corvette I finally decided I needed the roadster version too. I opted for a cheap version by

Josh
 Josh
(@josh)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Yat Ming after Gavin posted pictures of his in comparison to the Exoto version Rich posted. Cheap models are just easier to modify and sometimes with a little TLC turn into gems. Then again, things never look the same in pictures. I should have taken my time with this, it could have been much better but I thought it was just filling a space. It looks good on the shelf still :). Some black and silver paint, a little gray on the floor to help hide the screw bosses and some decals (going to try a better set of decals) with a slight adjustment to the front ride height and some poor seat belts and it may not be a gem, but a diamond in the ruff.

IMG 9558
IMG 9559
IMG 9560
IMG 9561
IMG 9562
IMG 9563
IMG 9567
IMG 9568
IMG 9569
IMG 9570
IMG 9571
IMG 9574
IMG 9584

Joshua J. Shy

Gavin
(@gavin)
Estimable Member

Looks great, Josh..did you lower it?

ReplyQuote
Josh
 Josh
(@josh)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

@gavin Thanks Gavin, I did lower the front, maybe a little too much but wheels roll and turn. I have another set of decals coming and that should be a big improvement. Sorry it took so long to get back, work is really crazy right now.

Joshua J. Shy

ReplyQuote
Gavin
(@gavin)
Estimable Member

@josh that's no problem...swamped here as well. 

ReplyQuote
Share: