Models of my 1:1 Co...

Notifications
Clear all

Models of my 1:1 Corvettes

Marty Johnson
(@marlowe-or-marty)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I enjoy collection models of cars I've owned.  I have models of many, but not all.  Corvettes are pretty easy to collect because they are widely represented in scale. 

DSC09161
ffd8c70f 8463 49eb b4c3 c3ace3b5afdc
DSC01629
Large Painted

Josh, John Bono, David Green and 2 people liked
Joop
 Joop
(@joop)
Estimable Member

Here's mine, a 1972 Coupe.

Corvette 1

with a 1971 in scale 1:24:

Chevrolet Corvette (1971)

Josh, David Green, Marty Johnson and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
Frank Reed
(@frank)
Trusted Member

1:1 I have had a 77 red on black 4 speed; 1990 red on red manual; 2007 red on black 6 speed and currently drive a 2016 red on black base model 7 speed.  my 143 scale:

B64AF63A D5A8 41C0 8010 2A188BDDD678

68 Corvette (Franklin Mint) 

89 Corvette convertible black (Solido) 

2006 Corvette (New Ray)

2014 Corvette (Spark)

Josh, David Green, Marty Johnson and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Prominent Member

It is wonderful to see your models compared to your full sized Corvettes. Marty, getting the identical colour is an added bonus. Fun cars all around!

ReplyQuote
John Bono
(@sizedoesmatter)
Honorable Member

So where's the C8?

ReplyQuote
Marty Johnson
(@marlowe-or-marty)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@sizedoesmatter - Recently, on KBB.com I saw a white 3LT, with 150 "used" miles for $99,995.  It was sitting at the dealer maybe 5 miles from me.  It called out to me and I could hear it clearly. 

"Marty!  I'm here, Marty!  Come get me, Marty!  You know you want me, Marty!  Ignore that I'm an automatic transmission, Marty!  You can exchange me for the white C7 and your wife won't see the difference for months, Marty!  MARTY!!!!"

Fortunately, it was sold so I calmed down.  

ReplyQuote
John Bono
(@sizedoesmatter)
Honorable Member

Marty, if you're serious about getting a C8, consider Kerbeck Corvettes located in Atlantic City, NJ. Last I heard, the were charging sticker, no premium. If you order a 2021 now, you have a good chance of getting it in May or June. They can arrange shipping to L.A. or you can fly in and drive it home. They will pick you up at the airport. Attached is a video of their showroom. Every car you see has been sold.  

Website below:

C8 Corvette The Next Generation (kerbeck.com)

ReplyQuote
Marty Johnson
(@marlowe-or-marty)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@sizedoesmatter- Thanks for the video.  If I decide to actually pull the trigger, I DEFINITELY will consider Kerbeck.  I already know what I want and they have the ability to get the car I want.  

2LT, Z51, Coupe, white with tan interior.

Red calipers

Transparent roof panel

Chrome wheels

The problem that really makes me unhappy is the lack of a manual transmission.  I've NEVER had an automatic on any of my performance cars.  That would be a difficult sacrifice that I would need to get comfortable with.  Still, I'd photograph really nicely in the car I've selected.  Decisions, Decisions! Beg  

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
John Bono
(@sizedoesmatter)
Honorable Member

@marlowe-or-marty, The lack of a manual has disappointed a few. Chrome wheels are not offered by the factory on the C8.  Good luck with your decision.

ReplyQuote
Marty Johnson
(@marlowe-or-marty)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@sizedoesmatter - Correct, chrome wheels aren't offered by the factory but Kerbeck should be able to get them with no problem.  I had them on my C5 and and I have them on my C8.  Kerbeck will NOT be able to get a manual transmission, though.  Cry  

ReplyQuote
6500in6th
(@6500in6th)

1963n2001IMG 9978px1024

My only two Corvettes were a silver blue 1963 340hp 4-speed convertible that I bought used in '64 and a Speedway White 2001 Z51 6-speed Targa Coupe that I bought new and had the rare privilege of driving it off the line in Bowling Green. The models are promos that were made in the correct exterior and interior colors.

ReplyQuote
john3976
(@john3976)
Trusted Member

Even many race cars use a semi automatic transmission these days and the automatic in todays sports cars have paddle shift on the steering wheel so they are not that far removed from what many race cars use today. A semi automatic and an automatic transmission can out perform a manual trans mission and with the horse power and torque todays engines can make the automatic is the only solution in many cases because the clutch and manual transmissions available are not capable of reliable service. 

Look at diesel pickup trucks they all come with automatics today, I think Ram was the last one still offering a manual transmission but when you ordered the manual the engine was derated because the clutch and transmission could not handle the torque these diesels put out today. 

Who would have thought road race cars would be using semi automatic transmissions but they do and the semi automatic out preforms the manual when it comes to performance. 

When prostock teams all started switching to Lenco manual transmissions every driver improved their ET, except Ronnie Sox who for some reason was not faster with a Lenco than he was with a manual 4 speed used prior to the Lenco.  Then again Ronne Sox was as good as you could get with a four speed "H" pattern shifter. 

I miss the golden era of Pro Stock when the cars looked like the factory car and they had to use the clutch and shift a real manual transmission, that took real driver talent working the clutch and shifting gears in the "H" gate pattern. Now they just dump the clutch and pull on the Lenco levers, I think that took a lot of the skill out of driving a Pro Stock car. 

ReplyQuote
John Bono
(@sizedoesmatter)
Honorable Member

@harleridr

I believe they have a Rolls-Royce parts business in Camden and a high-end (RR, Bentley, Lambo, Aston-Martin, Maserati) dealership in Palmyra. Corvettes are sold out of Atlantic City.   

ReplyQuote
Share: