1983 in the REAR VI...

Notifications
Clear all

1983 in the REAR VIEW MIRROR

George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

For 1983 I looked up the definition of "Automobile" in my Random House Dictionary of the English Language and I got a one word definition: BORING.  I'm kidding of course, but I do think cars in '83 were boring. 

The next burning question is, "What is a Dictionary?"  I was informed by my 15 year old granddaughter that they no longer have dictionary's in her school.  In further conversation I learned that her school also no longer teaches cursive writing or basic math (i.e. addition, subtraction, etc.).  I'm feeling old.  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

Frank Reed
(@frank)
Noble Member

I got commissioned as a Coast Guard Ensign, married and moved to Florida from Boston in 1983.  Retired as a Commander in 2004 but still married to the same woman.  👴👍

BTW that Monte Carlo (Regal, Cutlas) was not too bad, almost bought an 84.  

Frank Reed
Chesapeake, VA

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

@frank, I agree with you about the Monte Carlo, Regal, and Cutlass.  And congratulations on still being married.  In today's world that's commendable.  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

ReplyQuote
Brush
(@brush)
Prominent Member

Bought a new ' 83 Plymouth Reliant 2 door 5 speed std, the biggest LEMON I ever bought. After a year+ and 17,000 miles it became one of Conn. first lemon law enforcement cases.  Long story. 

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Famed Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @brush

Bought a new ' 83 Plymouth Reliant 2 door 5 speed std, the biggest LEMON I ever bought. After a year+ and 17,000 miles it became one of Conn. first lemon law enforcement cases.  Long story. 

I feel your pain with your LEMON.  I've told the story before of me purchasing a brand new  '73 Plymouth Duster in July 1973.  All I heard from everyone was that it was a car with a great engine...the "Slant Six".  At 61,000 miles the engine blew and I found out that Chrysler wouldn't step up and fix it.  Like yours, it was a long story.  Needless to say, I was soured on anything produced by Chrysler from then on.  

1973 Plymouth Duster

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

ReplyQuote
Share: