<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>        <rss version="2.0"
             xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
             xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
             xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
             xmlns:admin="http://webns.net/mvcb/"
             xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
             xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
        <channel>
            <title>
									The Lounge - The Diecast Zone Forums				            </title>
            <link>https://diecast.org/community/lounge/</link>
            <description>Diecast Zone Discussion Board</description>
            <language>en-US</language>
            <lastBuildDate>Sun, 11 Oct 2026 03:47:23 +0000</lastBuildDate>
            <generator>wpForo</generator>
            <ttl>60</ttl>
							                    <item>
                        <title>Poll: Which &#039;57? (10/11/2026)</title>
                        <link>https://diecast.org/community/lounge/poll-which-57-10-11-2026/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 11 Oct 2026 01:10:55 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[&#039;57 Buick or Chrysler?]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>'57 Buick or Chrysler?</p>
254309
254310]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://diecast.org/community/lounge/">The Lounge</category>                        <dc:creator>John Bono</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://diecast.org/community/lounge/poll-which-57-10-11-2026/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Mike Ditka R.I.P.</title>
                        <link>https://diecast.org/community/lounge/mike-ditka-r-i-p/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 10 Oct 2026 12:02:35 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Like him or not, he made quite an impact on the Chicago Bears football team and the NFL as well. Oct. 18, 1939 to Oct. 9, 2026. 86 years.
&nbsp;]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Like him or not, he made quite an impact on the Chicago Bears football team and the NFL as well. Oct. 18, 1939 to Oct. 9, 2026. 86 years.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
254271]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://diecast.org/community/lounge/">The Lounge</category>                        <dc:creator>Tony Perrone</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://diecast.org/community/lounge/mike-ditka-r-i-p/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Why is THIS a new trend? &#x1f62c; &#x1f633; &#x1f62c;</title>
                        <link>https://diecast.org/community/lounge/why-is-this-a-new-trend-%f0%9f%98%ac-%f0%9f%98%b3-%f0%9f%98%ac/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 10 Oct 2026 11:48:10 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[This has been bugging me for about 8 months!  &#x1f632; &#x1f632; &#x1f632; 
Have you noticed throughout SOCIAL MEDIA more and more are ending sentences with a SPACE, and THEN the punctuati...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>This has been bugging me for about 8 months!  &#x1f632; &#x1f632; &#x1f632; </p>
<p>Have you noticed throughout SOCIAL MEDIA more and more are ending sentences with a SPACE, and THEN the punctuation symbol.    For instance:</p>
<p><em> "I had a great time at that party!" </em>   ...is now  <em>"I had a great time at that party !"      </em>What the hell - why the space?      Or, the sentence,  <em>"Did they drive the Genesis or the Buick?" </em>   ....morphs into    <em>"Did they drive the Genesis or the Buick ?"      ....why the space?</em></p>
<p>***T like this makes a maniac out of me!  &#x1f92a; &#x1f620; &#x1f621; </p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://diecast.org/community/lounge/">The Lounge</category>                        <dc:creator>Christopher Moroni</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://diecast.org/community/lounge/why-is-this-a-new-trend-%f0%9f%98%ac-%f0%9f%98%b3-%f0%9f%98%ac/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Poll: Which Thunderbird? (10/10/2026)</title>
                        <link>https://diecast.org/community/lounge/poll-which-thunderbird-10-10-2026/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 10 Oct 2026 02:25:01 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[&#039;55 or &#039;57 Thunderbird?]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>'55 or '57 Thunderbird?</p>
254267
254268]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://diecast.org/community/lounge/">The Lounge</category>                        <dc:creator>John Bono</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://diecast.org/community/lounge/poll-which-thunderbird-10-10-2026/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>PIC: Something different #182 (10/9/2026)</title>
                        <link>https://diecast.org/community/lounge/pic-something-different-182-10-9-2026/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 09 Oct 2026 22:47:30 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[&nbsp;
1956 Nash Rambler Palm Beach Concept
Words from: Carrozzieri-Italiani.com
The Palm Beach Nash Rambler is a striking two-seater  coupe, designed by the renowned Italian coachbuilder...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[254261
254262
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>1956 Nash Rambler Palm Beach Concept</p>
<p>Words from: <span>Carrozzieri-Italiani.com</span></p>
<p><span>The Palm Beach Nash Rambler is a striking two-seater </span><a class="google-anno" href="https://www.carrozzieri-italiani.com/listing/nash-rambler-palm-beach-coupe-special/#" data-google-vignette="false" data-google-interstitial="false"> <span class="google-anno-t">coupe</span></a><span>, designed by the renowned Italian coachbuilder </span><a href="https://www.carrozzieri-italiani.com/dealers/pininfarina/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Pininfarina</a><span>, aimed at the American sporting market. Created in 1956 for the American Nash Corporation, this concept car was intended to blend European elegance with American practicality. Pininfarina’s design features convex sides that sweep from the front to the central section of the car, giving it a dynamic and streamlined look. One of the car’s most distinctive features is the removable top, which is fashioned with a shallow channel under the rear window for a sleek and functional appearance. An unconventional design choice for the Palm Beach was the use of thick </span><a href="https://www.carrozzieri-italiani.com/italys-plexiglas-revolution-in-postwar-car-design/">Plexiglas</a><span> bumpers, integrated into the lamp decor. While these bumpers would be ineffective in a heavy collision, their lightweight and resilient nature made them ideal for maneuvering through traffic, demonstrating Pininfarina’s forward-thinking approach to design. The materials used also contributed to reducing overall weight, a crucial consideration for a vehicle designed for performance. Though the Palm Beach Rambler was a prototype and never considered for mass production, it showcased Pininfarina’s mastery of automotive design. Built on a standard Rambler chassis, the car featured a 100-inch wheelbase and a 196 cubic-inch flathead six-cylinder engine with 82 horsepower. Despite the stock engine, the addition of a single Weber sidedraft carburetor helped maintain the low hood profile, ensuring that the car retained its stylish appearance without compromising its roadworthiness. At the 1956 Turin Auto Show, the Palm Beach caught the attention of automotive enthusiasts as a fully functional, roadworthy prototype. However, discussions about replacing the Nash-Healey sports car with the Palm Beach never came to fruition, as Farina’s partnership with American Motors ended, and the project was shelved. The Nash Rambler Palm Beach was eventually sold and passed through the hands of notable collectors, eventually fetching $528,000 at the Gooding &amp; Company Scottsdale auction in 2011. Despite its limited production and missed opportunity for commercial success, the Palm Beach remains a testament to the bold vision of Pininfarina and the potential of American automotive design in the mid-20th century</span></p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://diecast.org/community/lounge/">The Lounge</category>                        <dc:creator>John Bono</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://diecast.org/community/lounge/pic-something-different-182-10-9-2026/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Poll: Which Mercury? (10/9/2026)</title>
                        <link>https://diecast.org/community/lounge/poll-which-mercury-10-9-2026/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 09 Oct 2026 02:47:38 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[&#039;48 or &#039;49 Mercury?]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>'48 or '49 Mercury?</p>
254180
254182]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://diecast.org/community/lounge/">The Lounge</category>                        <dc:creator>John Bono</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://diecast.org/community/lounge/poll-which-mercury-10-9-2026/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>What&#039;s Going On?</title>
                        <link>https://diecast.org/community/lounge/whats-going-on-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 09 Oct 2026 02:12:48 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>https://youtu.be/qFRZrX34HNY?si=PH-kKGI2gtMm1vOi</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://diecast.org/community/lounge/">The Lounge</category>                        <dc:creator>John Kuvakas</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://diecast.org/community/lounge/whats-going-on-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Old school, how KOOL.</title>
                        <link>https://diecast.org/community/lounge/old-school-how-kool/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 09 Oct 2026 01:19:03 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[254169]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://diecast.org/community/lounge/">The Lounge</category>                        <dc:creator>Benjamin S</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://diecast.org/community/lounge/old-school-how-kool/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Bull in a China Shop!</title>
                        <link>https://diecast.org/community/lounge/bull-in-a-china-shop/</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 08 Oct 2026 17:05:32 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I have a gift for breaking stuff, alway’s have. My Mom was the first to notice so any item semi-valuable was kept on a high shelf. A couple of weeks ago I decided to examine and marvel over ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I have a gift for breaking stuff, alway’s have. My Mom was the first to notice so any item semi-valuable was kept on a high shelf. A couple of weeks ago I decided to examine and marvel over one of my most detailed Danbury’s, the ‘47 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon, a spectacular model of an exceptional 1/1. The first thing to look at is the unbelievable detail in the engine compartment. Truly remarkable engineering went into that side opening…..OH SH*T!!, knocked off the spotlight. I’ll put it away and fix it later, too upset with myself right now. Yesterday I thought it would be a good time to repair it, so off the shelf and onto the workbench. All went very well, I was patient and thorough, looked like new so back to the shelf. While cleaning up the workbench I noticed a tiny piece of chrome that looked like a door handle. Pulled the Buick back down and…you have got to be kidding, it was missing a door handle. OK, no big deal, fixed it very easily, no one was hurt. Back to the workbench I noticed a headlight, yeah, you guessed it. I’m never touching another model once the Buick’s out of the holding area! ( out of harms way on</p>
254138
<p>the copier)</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://diecast.org/community/lounge/">The Lounge</category>                        <dc:creator>kevins</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://diecast.org/community/lounge/bull-in-a-china-shop/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Something far too common...</title>
                        <link>https://diecast.org/community/lounge/something-far-too-common/</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 08 Oct 2026 14:24:11 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[The 1914 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost Skiff I posted days ago did arrive, but it has been very disappointing.  I have been unwell and this was not what I had hoped to find, when I opened the box...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>The 1914 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost Skiff I posted days ago did arrive, but it has been very disappointing.  I have been unwell and this was not what I had hoped to find, when I opened the box that arrived yesterday.  The box was completely undamaged but, inside, the model had been wrapped like a dead fish in newspaper, with no protection for the parts and the windshield could not have survived the wrapping process, so he must have known it was no longer attached, just like the RR mascot and the side mirror.  When notified of the condition I was told any damage was caused by the shipper, and we all know a pristine box is not likely to gain any sympathy from the shipper (Herrmes, in this case).  In addition, as I was not the one contracting with Hermes to deliver the package I have no standing to make a claim with them.  This seller couldn't grasp this simple bit of contract law.  Either way, it is obvious he took no care with this model and told me: <em>'You can return it at your expense but only if you do so in the condition in which it was sold.'</em>  He wants me to repair his model and return it at my expense.  It took me several seconds to fully grasp what he was suggesting.  This is a first for me, but I'm not going to do battle with a moron, so I immediately filed a claim with eBay for resolution.  </p>
<p>On eBay.de many of the sellers have a disclaimer stating that they are <em>'not responsible for damages sustained in transit,'</em> as if this was a universally accepted policy.  Of course, that's pure nonsense, but I sense many unsophisticated buyers let themselves be taken in by it and don't complain.  Could I repair this model when I am feeling better?  Possibly, though the side mirror was broken in such a manner as to make any repair a precarious one, at best.  The windshield was sheared off at the base, and the mascot has a jagged edge, making reattachment iffy.  But, most of all it is the principle.  I don't like bullies and there are a multitude of ways he could have handled the situation and create a win/win.  He chose to bluster and bluff his way out of taking responsibility and that doesn't work for me.</p>
<p>Original photos:</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
254100
254101
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Photos on arrival, including two showing the model upside down in the newspaper wrapping:</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
254102
254103
254104
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://diecast.org/community/lounge/">The Lounge</category>                        <dc:creator>GDH</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://diecast.org/community/lounge/something-far-too-common/</guid>
                    </item>
							        </channel>
        </rss>
		