Harry Trumans's 195...

Notifications
Clear all

Harry Trumans's 1955 Chrysler New Yorker...

7 Posts
3 Users
4 Likes
cadillaclloyd
(@lloyd-mecca)
Reputable Member

Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Noble Member

Come on... $83,000 and the interior isn't quite correct. The steering wheels has cracks. Plastic emblems look like junk, and it doesn't even start!  WAIT! WHHHAAATT?!?!  Truman never sat on this upholstery and I doubt he ordered wire wheels.  

Restoring it, IMO, was a mistake. New paint/chrome maybe. 🤨 🤨 

David H and David H reacted
ReplyQuote
cadillaclloyd
(@lloyd-mecca)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Well, the registration is available indicating it was owned by Truman, there are several photos of him driving it in/for his daughter's wedding which would have garnered a side note if the wires were not on the car. The build sheet is also accessible, so that is a point of reference also. Smile  

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @chris

Come on... $83,000 and the interior isn't quite correct. The steering wheels has cracks. Plastic emblems look like junk, and it doesn't even start!  WAIT! WHHHAAATT?!?!  Truman never sat on this upholstery and I doubt he ordered wire wheels.  

Restoring it, IMO, was a mistake. New paint/chrome maybe. 🤨 🤨 

wellllllll.............if THIS is how you begin a negotiation

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Noble Member

Posted by: @lloyd-mecca

Well, the registration is available indicating it was owned by Truman, there are several photos of him driving it in/for his daughter's wedding which would have garnered a side note if the wires were not on the car. The build sheet is also accessible, so that is a point of reference also. Smile  

Llyod,

I'm not disputing that this is Truman's car. I KNOW it's Truman's car (plenty of evidence to support that). My point is the interior HE SAT in is now gone, plastic emblems are trashed, and the car doesn't even run.

Ok, perhaps a re-fresh (paint & chrome) was in order but why replace the interior? (That's history!)  I can't substantiate the wire-wheels either. Can you?

$83,500 just sounds like alot (IMO) for a car that's NO LONGER the "original version" Harry had.

ReplyQuote
cadillaclloyd
(@lloyd-mecca)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

(@chris)

Just heard back from the seller. They can confirm the wire wheels with paperwork and photographic media.

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Noble Member

Posted by: @lloyd-mecca

(@chris)

Just heard back from the seller. They can confirm the wire wheels with paperwork and photographic media.

Interesting, thanks.

ReplyQuote
Share: