(@galen55)
Noble Member
Topic starter  
San Jose Assembly 1974 2 970x749

Topic Tags
John Napoli
(@carsman1958)
Honorable Member

Looks like a lot of engine for the little Pinto.

ReplyQuote
Pete Rovero
(@pete-rovero)
Honorable Member

@carsman1958 

The year is 1975, the first year the Pinto was available with the 2.8L V6 engine, and only with an automatic transmission.  Unfortunately even with the additional 14 horsepower over the 2.3L I4 the Pinto wagon was still gutless, although it did handle loads better.   Interesting that the Mustang II was built on the same assembly line.

1975 Pinto Wagon Brochure1
This post was modified 3 months ago by Pete Rovero

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

I had a 74 Pinto HB with the 2.3 engine and a 4speed trans....i thought it had very decent power for its class of car.

ReplyQuote
David Holcombe
(@d-m-holcombe)
Noble Member

My '75 Pinto also had the 4 cylinder and I remember its option list:  bumper guards.  That was it!  I added a radio from a local wrecking yard and commuted in it for about six years.  The only thing that had to be fixed was to replace the muffler, and that was at about a hundred thousand miles.  Sure, it was a single purpose car, but that's what I bought it for.  I liked it and I still have respect for Ford for building such a fine basic car.  And I paid for it with a negotiated price of $3,000.  

ReplyQuote
John Napoli
(@carsman1958)
Honorable Member

@pete-rovero I had an 80 Pinto wagon, which I always thought was quite quick for what it was.

ReplyQuote
Share: