Poll: Which '62? (1...

Notifications
Clear all
Poll results: '62 Chevrolet or Plymouth?
Voter(s): 21
Poll is closed Nov 04, 2021
'62 Chevrolet  -  votes: 14 / 66.7%
66.7%
'62 Plymouth  -  votes: 7 / 33.3%
33.3%
Tie  -  votes: 0 / 0%
0%
Sorry, no interest in this selection.  -  votes: 0 / 0%
0%

Poll: Which '62? (10/21/2021)

Page 1 / 2

John Bono
(@sizedoesmatter)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

'62 Chevrolet or Plymouth?

Be sure to make your selection.  Of course, please “Reply” to share your comments.

Click on the picture to enlarge the image.

1962 Chevrolet Biscayne 2 409 V8
1962 Plymouth Savoy 3

Topic Tags
John Napoli
(@carsman1958)
Honorable Member

I went with the Chevrolet.  It is just a better looking car.  Even though I am a Mopar fan.

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Famed Member

For this year, I think that the Chevrolet is a superior design compared to the Plymouth Savoy.

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Famed Member Registered

Chevrolet all the way. I keep trying to like that Plymouth but just can't

ReplyQuote
Frank Reed
(@frank)
Prominent Member

Nothing can touch [the] 409 (409, 409, 409, 409).  Giddy up!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GHRJCcCYAF4

Frank Reed
Chesapeake, VA

ReplyQuote
Mark Lampariello
(@mark-lampariello)
Reputable Member

These are the 2 light weight body styles to order up with all the performance gear available in the early 60s.  But just by looks alone, that Chevy is clunky and homely--whereas that Plymouth with its bizarre what-were-they-smoking styling sure looks as fast as its 413.

I vote Mopar.

ReplyQuote
Ed Glorius
(@ed-glorius)
Honorable Member

Plymouth. It's small and has great wacky looks.

Retired in Dunedin, Florida.

ReplyQuote
Moe Parr
(@moe-parr)
Honorable Member

EXACTLY what John N., Bob J., and David G. said!

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
tldaly
(@tldaly)
Estimable Member

I'm a fan of sleepers and really like both of them. I'll vote a rare tie, tonight!

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Noble Member

Okay, this is how it goes for me.  I think the the '62 Chevy decked out 2-door HT is the best looking of any Chevy in the sixties.  BUT, the stripped down, Plain Jane '62 Chevy is NOT by any means the looker the upper scale version is.  To my eyes anyway.  Now even stranger is that, when the '62 Plymouth's debuted, I was appalled at their weird look.  BUT, yes another but...I've come to really like the those weird looks of that years Plymouth, and for this "Which One?" tonight, I vote for the PLYMOUTH!  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
Brush
(@brush)
Honorable Member

For me stripped down cars, weather a monster engine or not, I classify them the same as station wagons, 4 door sedans, and pick-ups; too many around back in the day and too many around 10 years later usually worn out and beat on as work/commute vehicles.  I personally like as collectibles 2 door hardtops or coupes but in the better models Impala/Galaxie/Fury and some of the 4 door hard tops. Most of the rest were too common in the day, big in the junk yards.

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
Frank Kocour
(@kocour)
Prominent Member

The Plymouth reminds me of a '47 Studebaker coupe.  Not sure if it is coming or going.

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

I love sleepers and these two are awesome; although I would much prefer the Chevy be a Bubble Top.  I vote Chevy this time as the '62 is my fave Chevy of that decade in any trim.  I have really warmed up to the early 60s Plymouths and Dodges in recent years though; mainly because they are so different and because of the bizarre history behind why they were downsized.  This one is very cool and looks aggressive....I would love to own it.

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
Graeme Ogg
(@graeme-ogg)
Estimable Member Registered

I've always found the styling details of the '62 Plymouth intriguing and quite attractive. The odd thing is that some pics show the car sitting very high on fat tyres (sometimes  - as in John's photo at the top - with the rear tyres apparently bigger than the fronts) so it almost looks like a car body perched on a small truck chassis. Other photos show it sitting relatively low on smaller wheels and tyres, and it looks much more normal in its stance and proportions.

I'm not sure which photos are a more accurate reflection of how it actually looked back in the day.

'62 Plymouth (1)
'62 Plymouth (2)

Never been keen on the '62 Chevy, by the way. Always struck me as a particulary style-less tin box. But obviously most buyers in 1962 disagreed!

This post was modified 1 month ago by Graeme Ogg

Graeme.M. Ogg
London U.K.

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

@graeme-ogg Your lower stance pics are accurate.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: