John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Moderator Moderator
Topic starter  

John Kuvakas

Frank Kocour
(@kocour)
Trusted Member

Have to wonder what makes a person do stuff like this.  Not much margin for error. 

It can't be a death wish. 

It has to be that they are just super confident and don't allow for any mishaps in their mind.

ReplyQuote
John Bono
(@sizedoesmatter)
Honorable Member

Love watching this from my porch.

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Moderator Moderator
Topic starter  

@kocour, I think it's for the adrenaline rush. There has to be an incredible mixture of fear, confidence, and euphoria all at one time. Then comes the satisfaction of having done something very well that few people can accomplish. Whether it's jumping from a high place, maneuvering a bike, skis, or skateboard et al at death-defying speeds in death-defying situations, you have to be in total control of your machine and your body to do it well.

This post was modified 5 days ago 2 times by John Kuvakas

John Kuvakas

Brush liked
ReplyQuote
Frank Kocour
(@kocour)
Trusted Member

I wonder what the percentage is of those who don't live to tell about it . . .

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Moderator Moderator
Topic starter  

That's a good question. I've never seen any statistics. But, I've always thought it would be tragic to lose your life like that. 

John Kuvakas

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Prominent Member

from a place I`ll never see,on a video of unknown vintage,this STILL has a visceral "pull" effect....... puts the viewer right out there on that flimsy sheet of plywood  👍 👍 👍 👍 

ReplyQuote
Chav
 Chav
(@chav)
Reputable Member

@kocour Curiosity, feeling for accomplishment, exploring the limits, overcoming fear, glory ... 

ReplyQuote
Brush
(@brush)
Estimable Member

The bigger the risk, the greater the rush, but also the greater chance of failure and OUCH! Shocked Amazed  

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Noble Member

@jkuvakas  I know what you mean JK; I get that rush in my motorized Lazy-Boy recliner....makes me nauseous sometimes.

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Moderator Moderator
Topic starter  

@jack-dodds, you're my hero and role model, always pressing the edge of the envelope.

John Kuvakas

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Noble Member

@jkuvakas  I think you may have misspelled that JK; it's "roll model"....like the Pillsbury Doughboy. Thanks for the compliment all the same JK; what can I say......I'm a risk taker and I'm addicted to the adrenalin rush.  I've just ordered an Acorn stair lift system and I don't even need one!

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Moderator Moderator
Topic starter  

Yet

John Kuvakas

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Honorable Member Registered

Jack for a minute I thought I was reading something I wrote only to find your name on the post to JK. If we ever meet in person, the milk shakes are on me.

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Noble Member

@bob-jackman  Hopefully I'll be able to take you up on that in Chicago sooner than later Bob.  Chocolate please!

ReplyQuote
Share: