Clear all

I'VE GOT MAIL "Special Brochures Week" Monday 4/5/21 #105

Page 1 / 2

George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

CLASSIC '50s CARS

Most of us have heard the old saying, "Like a kid in a candy store".  When this Brochure from DANBURY MINT was removed from my mailbox, I had that "Like a kid in a candy store" feeling.  This Brochure offered the Mother Load of 1:24 scale diecast models, 20 of them!  

With this many incredible '50s cars jumping off the pages, if you weren't a collector of these fun little replica's, you became one fast.  There literally is a car for every persons taste and memory from this special decade.  And like plopping another helping of potato's on your plate at the dinner table, this was an invite to stuff yourself on diecast!

And yet, even after having your eyes bounce out of their sockets when seeing each car, it was but a small sampling of what DANBURY MINT had to serve up.  

HOW MANY OF THESE FABULOUS FIFTIES DO YOU HAVE?  

BROCHURE #1A
BROCHURE #1B
BROCHURE #1C
BROCHURE #1D

George Schire

Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Prominent Member Registered

You know you're an addict when you have every model pictured.

ReplyQuote
John Napoli
(@carsman1958)
Estimable Member

I have 15 out of the 20.

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Noble Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @bob-jackman

You know you're an addict when you have every model pictured.

LOL Bob, you know with total admiration I applaud your addiction.  And I can honestly tell you that I wish I had the habit as badly as you do.  You are every model car collector's hero.  Smile

George Schire

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Noble Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @carsman1958

I have 15 out of the 20.

I have 18 of the 20.  Only the little T-Bird and Studebaker are absent from my shelves.  And that is by my choice, not because I missed out on them.  But if I didn't have all the others, I'd seriously be bummed.  

George Schire

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

My wife is so funny.  She sees my brochures on my desk that I'm going to post each day, and she says, "Oh that's a cool car, do you have that one?".  Of course I do have it, but she's never actually paid attention to my cars as they came in to the house.  One of the many reasons I love her so much, as she's always been okay with the money I spent on these little cars.  

Last year as she fought so bravely through her cancer, I've come to love her even more than I did, and I didn't think that was possible.  Yesterday being Easter Sunday, it was our 48th Easter together.  I'm so blessed.  

Easter Sunday April 4, 2021 #2

George Schire

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin Moderator

Posted by: @georgeschire

My wife is so funny.  She sees my brochures on my desk that I'm going to post each day, and she says, "Oh that's a cool car, do you have that one?".  Of course I do have it, but she's never actually paid attention to my cars as they came in to the house.  One of the many reasons I love her so much, as she's always been okay with the money I spent on these little cars.  

Last year as she fought so bravely through her cancer, I've come to love her even more than I did, and I didn't think that was possible.  Yesterday being Easter Sunday, it was our 48th Easter together.  I'm so blessed.  

WONDERFUL! God bless you BOTH! My wife and I have both soldiered through cancer; her with breast cancer (5 years now cancer-free) and me, with adrenocortical carcinoma (16 years cancer-free) and I applaud you both for your efforts! Cool  

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Noble Member

Ahhhhhhhhh Shucks George !!.....you and Mrs Schire Smile in your first Post-of-the Week

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

@perrone1, congratulations Tony.  My wife too, had breast cancer twice and she beat it.  Then last year she got a strange one.  There was a huge mass on her chest that was pushing against her windpipe.  She was in the hospital for 5 weeks and then covid hit.  She did chemotherapy all last year.  That with the pandemic has made for a challenging year.  

But we also realize how challenging it has been for everyone over this last year and we feel blessed.  I'm go glad to hear that you and your wife are doing well.  God's blessings to you both.  

George Schire

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin Moderator

@perrone1, congratulations Tony.  My wife too, had breast cancer twice and she beat it.  Then last year she got a strange one.  There was a huge mass on her chest that was pushing against her windpipe.  She was in the hospital for 5 weeks and then covid hit.  She did chemotherapy all last year.  That with the pandemic has made for a challenging year.  

But we also realize how challenging it has been for everyone over this last year and we feel blessed.  I'm go glad to hear that you and your wife are doing well.  God's blessings to you both.  

And blessing to YOU both as well!  

ReplyQuote
Honestpolitician
(@geoff-jowett)
Reputable Member

What a handsome couple! Congratulations to you both George. There seems to be a few of us affected by cancer. I'm nine years free now, but actually have to head into surgery tomorrow for a regular check on a pre cancer spot, which may or may not become cancerous. I've volunteered at the amazing hospital that saved me for the last 7 years and this has added a wonderful dimension to my life. 

Oh, and on to the serious stuff! Same number as John, 15.

This post was modified 6 days ago by Honestpolitician

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Prominent Member Registered

George and Tony blessings to you both and your wives. Geoff, my prayers to you for a good report. Five years ago I had to have a colon resection to remove a mass which was precancerous. Cancer seems to touch all of our lives either directly or indirectly.

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

@bob-jackman, thank you Bob!  And prayers for you to stay healthy.

George Schire

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

@geoff-jowett, thank you.  Wishing well on your procedure tomorrow.  

George Schire

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Noble Member

I am impressed by all of your attitudes.  Aren't we fortunate to live in such advanced medical times?  All the best to you tomorrow Geoff!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: