If you're a Ghostbusters Fan....

6 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Check this out... https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/ghostbusters-afterlife-ecto1-16-scale-vehicle/blfbzw47959

and it's pre-sold out.

This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by Rich Sufficool

john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

for that money,as fine a reproduction as it is,I would expect, at minimum,an inclusion of 6 liters of ectoplasm............also,when they call their shipping method "groundbreaking",is this a matter for concern?

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Famed Member

That's pretty amazing when you consider you can get a DeAgostini 1/8 Ghostbuster's Cadillac for less, but it doesn't have any of the electrical/high tech features of this 1/16. I nabbed the very-well-done-Hot Wheels Ghostbuster's car only because everything opens (I was hoping to convert it) but I'm not really a GB fan. Apparently, millions are.

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @chris

That's pretty amazing when you consider you can get a DeAgostini 1/8 Ghostbuster's Cadillac for less, but it doesn't have any of the electrical/high tech features of this 1/16. I nabbed the very-well-done-Hot Wheels Ghostbuster's car only because everything opens (I was hoping to convert it) but I'm not really a GB fan. Apparently, millions are.

I always wanted one that could be stripped down to the ionic Cadillac ambulance

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Famed Member

@john-barry ..right, that was my intention...simply remove all that "Ghostbusters garbage"  to gain a nice companion piece for my PM 1/18 '59 ambulance.

The problem was the "windows."   HW "molded in"  those dark horizontal stripes (found on all glass but the windshield). Impossible to removed, a "PITA" to replace. 

HW GB Cad

john barry reacted
ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @chris

@john-barry ..right, that was my intention...simply remove all that "Ghostbusters garbage"  to gain a nice companion piece for my PM 1/18 '59 ambulance.

The problem was the "windows."   HW "molded in"  those dark horizontal stripes (found on all glass but the windshield). Impossible to removed, a "PITA" to replace. 

HW GB Cad

The "powers that be" are particularly careful to keep single use pieces from becoming too user friendly Laughing Out Loud  

............................this is the piece I picked up a few years back :

AMT 1/25 Ghostbusters Ecto 1 Plastic Model Kit - AMT750 750

pic 3

ReplyQuote
Share: