Just added this GEM...

Notifications
Clear all

Just added this GEM to my 1:18 “line” Absolutely Striking model, a MUST HAVE!! Pics

17 Posts
8 Users
18 Likes
Phil R
(@phil-r)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

19A788F5 6BD4 4A04 AF43 C59EC706F851
725B185B FCAF 4B22 922E C9B036C1355E
9B80639A 929E 4E41 8142 53853E266298
B8D683C2 C3F3 4F88 B022 1F9726268DA4
41069941 81A4 4EC0 8786 83046DDB8E1A
B069C1C4 9C95 4EAB 9950 B105089DF4AC

This is sold out in this color but if you find one buy it!  Breath taking in person IMO. CmC outdid themselves here 

This topic was modified 1 year ago by Phil R

John Merritt, Marty Johnson, David Green and 2 people reacted
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member

Congrats Phil! What's not to love? It's a great looking model; can't go wrong with CMC.

ReplyQuote
Randtheman
(@randtheman)
Reputable Member

@chris ..as usual... NEVER show photos without naming the model.

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @randtheman

@chris ..as usual... NEVER show photos without naming the model.

Phil forgot I suppose (too excited perhaps... LoL 😀 ) but no problem.... 

This is a 1/18 CMC 1937 Talbot Lago T-150 C-SS Figoni & Falaschi teardrop coupe. 😀

CMC offered up several paint schemes and a few race liveries too. I always liked this 1938 (39?) racer version (pretty tuff without those long skirts!)

1939 Talbot race

This post was modified 1 year ago by Christopher Moroni

ReplyQuote
Phil R
(@phil-r)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@chris I didn’t forget to mention make of the model.  It’s so iconic I thought most people here would know what a Talbot Lago is !! But since I’m here it’s CMC Talbot Lago 1:18 LE.  They list it as 1937-1939 on the hang tag.  I assume those three years all look the same ??? 

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member

@phil-r I'm certainly no Talbot-Lago expert. Like you, I assume for 3 years ('37-'39) nothing significant changed.

ReplyQuote
Marty Johnson
(@marty-johnson)
Noble Member

Be still my heart!  I love it!  

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

@marty-johnson +1.

ReplyQuote
Marty Johnson
(@marty-johnson)
Noble Member

Whew!  I already knew that the prices for this beautiful work of art were going to be astronomical.  I just checked eBay to see what they're selling for.  My speculation was not disappointed.  My goodness!  

ReplyQuote
Chav
 Chav
(@chav)
Famed Member

Posted by: @marty-johnson

Whew!  I already knew that the prices for this beautiful work of art were going to be astronomical.  I just checked eBay to see what they're selling for.  My speculation was not disappointed.  My goodness!  

However, the light blue version and the red/silver versions still could be found at absolutely bargain prices, below 400.

Also, folks, save your cash for the time the bears roar again in 3-4 months, hoping to see more bargains ...

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

I have the Motor City 1/24 scale in blue/silver and maroon which are also superb models.

Rich Sufficool and Chav reacted
ReplyQuote
Phil R
(@phil-r)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@bob-jackman Bob I also have the 1:24 Maroon/ garnet ?  Talbot by. MC USA   While it’s static it’s still a gorgeous model and IMO a MUST HAVE!!

ReplyQuote
Phil R
(@phil-r)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@chris I’m FAR from an expert either on Talbot Lagos (or anything really), but from what info I could find only 14 of these Tear Drop shape coupes were produced from 1937-39. Given that low production run we can only assume that aside from color choices and upholstery that visually all three years are just about identical.

ReplyQuote
Phil R
(@phil-r)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@chav I like the light blue one from the outside, but I don’t like the RED interior with a blue exterior.  I never felt it looked right.  Cadillac did that I think in the 80s offering a dark blue exterior with oxblood red interior.  To me it never looked proper and more like the car was repainted to a different color then it left the factory in!  Just my own person preferences for car colors, what I like or dislike.  Now had the blue Talbot been offered with a cream or tan interior I would have been happy with that as well.  This Aubergine color is gorgeous in person though.  

Chav reacted
ReplyQuote
Larry kemling
(@larry-kemling)
Noble Member

Absolutely stunning in that  color! Can you put a name to it?….the color!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: