MCG Lincoln Mark V ...

Notifications
Clear all

MCG Lincoln Mark V proportions

carcass1996
(@carcass1996)
Topic starter  

Hello,

for those who have seen and maybe owned Lincoln Mark V - is that correct for the nose to taper to the front (when looking from above)?

For the comparison - BoS' Mark V nose is straight as a woodplank. The same goes for trunk, it is more narrow than the BoS' version.

But they have the same width (more or less) around the waist.

P.S. BoS is the golden one, MCG is closer to bronze.

IMG 20220520 225618
IMG 20220520 232553
IMG 20220520 225529
IMG 20220520 225652
IMG 20220520 225514
This topic was modified 1 week ago 5 times by carcass1996

carcass1996
(@carcass1996)
Topic starter  

to illustrate my point - the line next to BoS Mark is STRAIGHT, the line next to MCG Mark is CURVING toward both bumpers

IMG 20220520 225529 lines

ReplyQuote
Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Noble Member Registered

I owned a MkV for about 15 years and I also own the BoS model (as well as a 1/24 and a 1/43). I would swear that the body doesn't taper like the MCG. Of course the car no longer sits in my driveway for verification.

MkV 002
MkV 003

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Honorable Member

Well.....    Most cars "taper" at both ends; it's difficult to notice unless you have an overhead or "bird's eye view." I've owned a few Lincolns but never a 1977-79 Mark V. Of course any "normal views" (non-overhead pics) of these Lincolns all seem to indicate yard-stick lines, no taper but again, it's all quite deceiving.

Bottom line: I can't help you; I do not have the answer... I'm sorry.

Anyone else?

This post was modified 1 week ago by Christopher Moroni

ReplyQuote
carcass1996
(@carcass1996)
Topic starter  

Rich, Chris, I kinda expected this but thank you anyway ) I remain of the opinion that the original car sides were not flat but had slight curvature toward both ends (as you can see on the attached photo if you look at the side insert). As to the model, I prefer MCG version over BoS and I'm keeping all three colors. It is more correct than BoS in many aspects (turn lights, radiator grill, side curvature and overall proportions, even though it has incorrectly chromed out front bumper filler).

full

This post was modified 1 week ago 3 times by carcass1996

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Famed Member Registered

I don't have the MCG model so I can't respond to which model is best. I do have the BOS and compared it to my 1/1 many times and thought it was perfect. I sold my 1/1 three weeks ago because of space limitations...some regrets.

ReplyQuote
Share: