New Jaguars

Notifications
Clear all

New Jaguars  

Jaguarman
(@jaguarman)
Topic starter  

Hi from Australia. I've recently seen online new (to me) Jaguar Mark 2 models by Paragon and Model Icons. Can anyone comment on the quality of these models and are they the work of the same manufacturer. Is there any connection between these models and earlier Mark 2 models by Maisto and Burago?

CMC901 liked
Marty Johnson
(@marlowe-or-marty)
Eminent Member

Welcome to The Diecast Zone.  I wish I could help but I'm unfamiliar with the model.  However, based on the quality of some of Paragon's previous models my guess is they would be superior to earlier Maisto or Burago examples.   

CMC901 liked
ReplyQuote
CMC901
(@cmc901)
Trusted Member

Hello big fan of the Jaguars, I happened to know the work of The Model Icons, personally I think is really high quality product, they designed two small hinges in the engine bay and it’s really satisfying  when you open the hood of this car, and I think its s engine and the interior really impressed me. I did try to buy this beautiful model car last year but for some reasons I decided not to. Personally I think the paint job of this model car it’s not good as I was expected. And the rally version doesn’t even have a spare tire. If I have to pick one I will pick the Model Icon We doubt without no doubt, clearly it’s more detailed. Have a nice shopping:)

ReplyQuote
Gavin
(@gavin)
Eminent Member

The Model Icons is made by Paragon, so they're the same model & substantially better than the decades old Maisto.

I'm pretty happy with mine, though I did get it very cheap at only $55 shipped.  I would have liked to see carpet inside & maybe better wire wheels at the $100 price point.

with Maisto's S-Type

ReplyQuote
Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Estimable Member Registered

@gavin I was eyeing that model for quite a while. Your pics look great and it seems a pretty good bang for the buck. 

ReplyQuote
Gavin
(@gavin)
Eminent Member

@rich-sufficool Thanks, Rich.  It is a nice model & I've always really liked the styling. 

@jaguarman I meant to say in my initial post, the model isn't quite AutoArt/Kyosho quality, but quite a few steps above the Maisto/Bburago level.

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Honorable Member

@gavin

Gavin, I agree. They are well done, far better than Maisto but certainly not up to AutoArt standards. I buy few models these days in this scale limiting selections recently to CMC, Exoto and AutoArt.  Paragon/Model Icons if bought at the right price, certainly belong in collections.

Besides, is there a better Mark II out there?

ReplyQuote
franklemire
(@franklemire)
Eminent Member

Looks like a nice model and without question an upgrade on the Maisto & Bburago models. If you are a Jaguar fan you should consider looking of better wire wheels for it. Wire wheel upgrades make a tremendous difference in the look of a car. Here is a Ferrari that I changed the wheels on

DSCN0149

Josh and David Green liked
ReplyQuote
Jaguarman
(@jaguarman)
Topic starter  

Thank you for all of your responses. I had noticed the paintwork on some advertised for sale was commented on. I think if I bought Paragon / Model Icon it would bug me until I resprayed it and changed the wheels. I have the AA XKSS which is beautiful. What do owners think of the spoked wheels on the AA C-Type, do they need replaced?

ReplyQuote
Gavin
(@gavin)
Eminent Member

I love the lines on the C-Type & think its very good, especially considering how old the model is.  I do think the wheels are a low point, though.

Josh and David Green liked
ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Honorable Member

I agree about the wheels Gavin. I have the Autoart #18 Le Mans winner C-Type. It is next to one of my CMC Mercedes and in comparison, the CMC runs away. That said, the AutoArt are probably the best plastic 'wires' that I have seen, certainly better than Paragon.

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Estimable Member

Gorgeous Jaguars all the way around !

Galen55 liked
ReplyQuote
Share: