1/24 tractor dioramas

9 Posts
6 Users
13 Likes
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Inspired by the outstanding work of John B, John M and others I've really wanted to have a go at dioramas. The bottom shelf in my newest showcase is a designated diorama space with a higher ceiling for trees etc. that I'm yet to start on.

Now it turns out that the exact width of my wall display cases matches the exact width of the available balsa wood strips here locally. So I've had a go making one. Good fun! The small gravel, flowers, shrubs, leaves, fence were obtained from local hobby shops but the "rocks" and "logs" are just sticks and stones from outside. Don't think its quite "agricultural" enough for the tractors and I'm now thinking it could be used to display selected cars and I could make other "ground areas" that could suit certain cars on display in the wall cases.

d1
d2
d3
d4
d5
d6
d7
d8
d9
d10
d11

Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

EXCEPTIONAL!! Fantastic job Geoff!!            Inlove Inlove Inlove  

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

Well done Geoff and nice automobile collection as well.

Tony Perrone reacted
ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

Such Talent !!!!..........the proportions,splash and distribution of colors,placement and perfectly varying heights of ALL the well chosen elements....all in a spirit lifting harmony

If you`d told us you`d been putting together these dioramas for a decade,this one would be no less impressive

BRAVO Geoff !!

Tony Perrone reacted
ReplyQuote
John Napoli
(@carsman1958)
Illustrious Member

Nice Diorama Geoff.

Tony Perrone reacted
ReplyQuote
Pete Rovero
(@pete-rovero)
Famed Member

Looks great Geoff, so earthy!

Tony Perrone reacted
ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

thank you gentlemen, more inspiration to keep going with them. While I'm happy with the commercially available items, and have more on the way, I'm amazed just how realistic the sticks and stones from my own garden came up. The "hollow log" in pics 3, 6 and 9 is a beauty!

Tony Perrone reacted
ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @geoff-jowett

thank you gentlemen, more inspiration to keep going with them. While I'm happy with the commercially available items, and have more on the way, I'm amazed just how realistic the sticks and stones from my own garden came up. The "hollow log" in pics 3, 6 and 9 is a beauty!

What`s the stock number on that hollow log again?

Tony Perrone reacted
ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@john-barry ha ha, hang on I'll look it up!

This post was modified 1 year ago by Geoff Jowett

ReplyQuote
Share: