(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

mooseberries3

Greg and Tony Perrone reacted
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

Well, I guess it IS about time. There's a certain Fall chill in the air, moose treats are more prevalent and the leaves are beginning to hit their peak.

Cherohala Skyway - today:

Mike DeTorrice, Chav, Bob Jackman and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@perrone1  ____Uh Oh....this can only mean one thing....the Legendary TP Leafman has once again gone to ground.....in addition to deceptively savage rabbits,visitors to the hills should watch for a Big-Kahuna-style camera slinger .......usually stirring sometime around the crack of dawn

A MAGICAL PICTURE !!   Thanks Tony Excitement  

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

@john-barry +1.

Tony Perrone reacted
ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

LOL!  Wink  

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @perrone1

Well, I guess it IS about time. There's a certain Fall chill in the air, moose treats are more prevalent and the leaves are beginning to hit their peak.

Cherohala Skyway - today:

moose treats???......seriously Tony......have you personally ever been moosetreated?

Image6

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

@john-barry HA! Depends on who's definition of "Moose Treats" might be. I love wild game meat. Among my favorite is venison  -  of ANY kind; white or blacktail deer, fallow deer, mule deer, reindeer, caribou, elk or moose. My last "moose treat" was a few years ago at "Inn at the Biltmore"; moose backstrap steak smothered in sauteed onions with a balsamic vinegar reduction sauce and served over mushrooms. MMMMMMMMM!!

Greg and Jack Dodds reacted
ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@john-barry HA! Depends on who's definition of "Moose Treats" might be. I love wild game meat. Among my favorite is venison  -  of ANY kind; white or blacktail deer, fallow deer, mule deer, reindeer, caribou, elk or moose. My last "moose treat" was a few years ago at "Inn at the Biltmore"; moose backstrap steak smothered in sauteed onions with a balsamic vinegar reduction sauce and served over mushrooms. MMMMMMMMM!!

were you able to write this without drooling?.....because it certainly cant be read that way!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

@john-barry HA  -  NO!  I also had American Bison there - three ways one year. The first night was Bison Carpaccio. Unbelievable! Second night was Bison Filet mignon. MORE unbelievable! Third night was Bison Tartar - I have no explanation as why, but it was the best of the trio.

Jack Dodds reacted
ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@john-barry HA  -  NO!  I also had American Bison there - three ways one year. The first night was Bison Carpaccio. Unbelievable! Second night was Bison Filet mignon. MORE unbelievable! Third night was Bison Tartar - I have no explanation as why, but it was the best of the trio.

GOOOOOOd Heavens man!!!!!.......I know you`re making some of this up.....and that`s ok......80%-83% of my stuff is pure fabrication....Bison Tartar ??????.....?????

........wasn`t that the ultimate dining experience of young Buffalo Warrior Indian braves when they took their first buffalo (eaten as a hand sandwich) ?

kidding aside, you have more grand adventures to your name than Pecos Bill !!!

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

@john-barry I swear to you John, the above is all true!

Greg and john barry reacted
ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@john-barry I swear to you John, the above is all true!

I haven`t the slightest doubt Amigo 🤨

_________......my mind was spinning with calculations of just how many sauteed onions one should be expected to prepare prior to attempting a moose smothering......and then came the carpaccio and tartare prepared in the ANCIENT kitchen facilities at the Biltmore......back when that place was built,food prep thermometers were mercury-filled glass with a life-span of ±4 days before falling to their untimely demise on the unforgiving, cold ceramic tiled floors

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

oh wait.................Biltmore INN..................Nevermind then.............

nevermind

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Impressive menu there Tony.  I love a nice moose steak....such flavor!!

ReplyQuote
Greg
 Greg
(@diecast1-24cars)
Honorable Member

@perrone1 Tony.. Biltmore the Vanderbilt Estate ??

Tony Perrone reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: