MY CAR COLLECTION

17 Posts
10 Users
74 Likes
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

As of today (July 6, 2022) with the exception of a few more 1:18 scale models, this is my display of my 1:24 scale and 1:18 scale cars.  Plus I have 5 pick-ups not pictured.  Not the biggest collection by any stretch, but certainly big enough to take up an entire wall in this room in our house.  Underneath the shelves are cabinets that house all my hundreds of automotive books and the accessories for all of the models and their respective brochures and titles. 

IT'S HAPPY ROOM TO VISIT EACH DAY!

Car Shelf July 2022 #1

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

100Ford2003, Paul Rouffa, John Merritt and 19 people reacted
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Noble Member

That is a great looking display room. I assume your friends and relatives who visit your house always come to see that room.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @ed-davis

That is a great looking display room. I assume your friends and relatives who visit your house always come to see that room.

Many are not car people, so the answer would be no.  But for my car friends, we have many fun discussions there.  And sometimes I just sit in there and relax.  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

100Ford2003, Ed Davis, 100Ford2003 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Pete Rovero
(@pete-rovero)
Noble Member

Your collection is beautifully displayed George.  It definitely looks like a happy place to visit!

Ed Davis, Tony Perrone, George Schire and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Famed Member

thats a great display George, well laid out and presented. And yes I also agree, my car room is a 'happy place to visit' too.

Ed Davis, Tony Perrone, Ed Davis and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Greg
 Greg
(@diecast1-24cars)
Reputable Member

Looks great George, very jealous as I live in a two bedroom apartment, which I have to share with my partners passion of music, which entails a grand piano..

100Ford2003, Ed Davis, Tony Perrone and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

Super layout George. There's something to be said about collecting mostly one size scale. Unfortunately I didn't exercise your restraint. My 1/18 scale are displayed in my garage, 1/24 in the family room, hallways and even the laundry room, 1/43 on the back porch and a spare bedroom, 1/32 in a separate display cabinet 1/64 anywhere I can find a slot for them and my three 1/12 scale in the front entry way.

100Ford2003, Ed Davis, Tony Perrone and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
John Napoli
(@carsman1958)
Famed Member

George a very nice display.  

George Schire, Ed Davis, Tony Perrone and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Illustrious Member

Fantastic room! I'd love to have something similar. It displays models and books etc. Very well. Thanks for sharing George.

George Schire, Tony Perrone, Ed Davis and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Noble Member

@bob-jackman 

Have you thought about adding some of the new HO scale (1/87) model cars? Some look quite nice, and do not take up much room. Another thought is using space on a wall in a guest bathroom. I have a friend who lived in a small town house, and displayed his trophies there. Not a good idea, if you live in an earthquake prone area.  Just kidding, just enjoy your models.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

@ed-davis Ed, I forgot all about my 1/87 models. A sure sign of age and too many cars.

Ed Davis and Ed Davis reacted
ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @bob-jackman

Super layout George. There's something to be said about collecting mostly one size scale. Unfortunately I didn't exercise your restraint. My 1/18 scale are displayed in my garage, 1/24 in the family room, hallways and even the laundry room, 1/43 on the back porch and a spare bedroom, 1/32 in a separate display cabinet 1/64 anywhere I can find a slot for them and my three 1/12 scale in the front entry way.

I may have exercised restraint as you call it Bob, but you will forever be my hero for the huge and impressive collection you have. 

The good thing about my shelves is that, even though they appear to be full, with movement of the cars to a different angle, it will allow me to add literally dozens more.  Since the mints no longer produce 1:24 scale on any consistent basis, any cars I add will be from the secondary market.  And also because I do stay within my self-imposed model-year guidelines, I'll never have to worry about running out of space in my lifetime.  And it's unlikely my 1:18 scale cars will grow, so I'm in good shape.  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Famed Member

Posted by: @bob-jackman

Hadn't thought of the. Laundry room Bob. Hmmm 

ReplyQuote
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Illustrious Member

That is wonderful collection and a great display setup George. 

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

George Schire, Ed Davis, George Schire and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Geno
 Geno
(@geno)
Reputable Member

Wow, an exceptional display indeed George, enjoy.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: