My Latest non-Ertl,...

Notifications
Clear all

My Latest non-Ertl, non-John Deere tractor - 06/22/2022 #1...

Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin Moderator
Topic starter  

SpecCast (Classic Series) 1/16th scale 1939 Case DC-4 Wide Front Tractor:

Pete Rovero, Bob Jackman, Jack Dodds and 1 people liked
John Napoli
(@carsman1958)
Noble Member

A two for today.  Another nice piece.

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Noble Member

A teaser pic for Mr Tony P!

Not sure how long this will take to finish, the kit is fantastic. Lots of intricate detail here. You've got me hooked on tractors now Tony!

tt1

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Tony....I have to ask; are you a farmer or did you grow up on a farm, like me?  

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @geoff-jowett

Not sure how long this will take to finish, the kit is fantastic. Lots of intricate detail here. You've got me hooked on tractors now Tony!

tt1

Bravo Geoff.....are you aware of the clearance issue over the radiator cap?

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @perrone1

The lines and curves on this one are pure eye candy

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Noble Member

@john-barry uhoh! no I'm not John. I've already had an issue with the front axles not fitting as per the instructions. Any advise would be appreciated. Sorry, not meaning to hog Tonys great pictorial post.

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin Moderator
Topic starter  

tt1

LOOKIN' GOOD Geoff!!

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin Moderator
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jack-dodds

Tony....I have to ask; are you a farmer or did you grow up on a farm, like me?  

No Jack, grew up around races horses. We owned a Bar & Tavern inside the Hialeah Race Track in South Florida for many years. Just love tractors. I have owned John Deere lawn & garden tractors now for about 25 years. Current one is a 2022 X730:

X730

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin Moderator
Topic starter  
Posted by: @john-barry
Posted by: @perrone1

The lines and curves on this one are pure eye candy

you got a got eye my friend!

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

@perrone1  That's interesting (and cool) that you like them so much then.  My interest is based on my experience with them as a kid through to my 20s.  Most of my friends parents had farms as did most neighbors so I was exposed to all sorts of them, which I loved watching and working with.  The Case tractor you posted was orange as per the vintage Case colors.  I'm not sure exactly when Case switched to the cream primary and orange secondary color scheme but it was at least in the 1950s as my friend's dad had a late 50s Case.  As I mentioned, my tractor collection is 1:43 and unfortunately the Case marque has been the one least represented in the 1950s era in that scale.  I hope that changes soon.

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin Moderator
Topic starter  

@jack-dodds 

For what it's worth; Case isn't well represented in 1/16th scale either. Got my eye on a big boy Case, 2014 - current, tractor:

Screenshot 2022 06 23 090716

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

@john-barry uhoh! no I'm not John. I've already had an issue with the front axles not fitting as per the instructions. Any advise would be appreciated. Sorry, not meaning to hog Tonys great pictorial post.

I searched extensively and could not find a single TRACE of the illustrated article Geoff....since so many articles and videos cover head-to-toe builds without issue,I think it`s safe to assume that what I had seen previously was an isolated indecent........one in which the cover would not sit properly without hogging out a radiator cap sized depression in the underside of the cover to allow it to seat properly

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Noble Member

I searched extensively and could not find a single TRACE of the illustrated article Geoff....since so many articles and videos cover head-to-toe builds without issue,I think it`s safe to assume that what I had seen previously was an isolated indecent........one in which the cover would not sit properly without hogging out a radiator cap sized depression in the underside of the cover to allow it to seat properly

thanks John, appreciate your efforts. The grill/canopy is a terrible fit, any partial remedy would mean a heavy removal of material in turn resulting in only a resizing of the pieces which would lead to further issues. I'm actually about to tackle it later today, results probably tomorrow.

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

thanks John, appreciate your efforts. The grill/canopy is a terrible fit, any partial remedy would mean a heavy removal of material in turn resulting in only a resizing of the pieces which would lead to further issues. I'm actually about to tackle it later today, results probably tomorrow.

issues like you`ve mentioned sound familiar and perhaps not even remotely unique......all the more reason many of us on these boards gasp in astonished disbelief/delight when you and a handful of others produce completed models so rapidly....aside from watching YouTube videos builds of your particular model I would be at a loss as to how to proceed

ReplyQuote
Share: