The Cadillac Allant...

Notifications
Clear all

The Cadillac Allante... [PIC]

Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Prominent Member Registered
Topic starter  

Born in the late '80s, Cadillac was looking for a stand alone marque that would compete with the Jaguar XJS and the Mercedes SL. The bodies were fully complete from Italy's Pininfarina and flown to Detroit to be mated with the subframe, suspension and drivetrain. This FWD V8 powered two seater convertible came with a soft top and a hard top and was produced from '87 to '92. People loved it or hated it but from a marketing standpoint, it never sold well enough to keep the marque alive.

Models by Automodello.

IMG 9151
IMG 9224
IMG 9189
IMG 9149
IMG 9184
IMG 9161
IMG 9096

IMG 9202
IMG 9242
IMG 9164
IMG 9197
IMG 9215
IMG 9181
IMG 9192
IMG 9231

Jim McDonald, Greg, Tony Perrone and 3 people liked
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Noble Member

I really want to like this model, but right now-I am just not sure about it. It doesn't help that I was never too overly fond of the 1:1.

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Honorable Member

Those are very nice replicas by Automodello. The Allante seemed like an attractive design with a good V-8, but it's fatal flaw was foolishly making it a front-wheel drive car. In my view, this guaranteed it would fail, most especially going up that competition.

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin Moderator

Posted by: @mikedetorrice

The ........ fatal flaw was foolishly making it a front-wheel drive car. In my view, this guaranteed it would fail, most especially going up that competition.

BIG plus 1 !

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin Moderator

GREAT pics Rich!

Wink

ReplyQuote
Evan Morgan
(@evan-morgan)
Reputable Member

Nice pics, I'm not too fond of the car.

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Noble Member Registered

Not only was front wheel drive a flaw, but using the crappy HD4100 motor was a huge mistake. Finally in the last year of production they used the 32 valve Northstar motor but by then it was too late. Having said that, I will seek out the Automodello model for my collection.

ReplyQuote
Galen55
(@galen55)
Prominent Member

I've not seen this model before, I have a friend with 5 real cars that he has collected over the years. Thanks for sharing.

ReplyQuote
Honestpolitician
(@geoff-jowett)
Reputable Member

Interesting car visually. In Australia that is one Cadillac I'd never read about or seen on internet car sites, including some of the great picture gallerys from car shows here. Knowing how well Richs pics show intricate detail, I'd suggest the interior shown in pic 5 leaves a bit to be desired. Note the, is it paintwork, on the sunvisors attaching to the  windscreen frame?

This post was modified 2 days ago by Honestpolitician

ReplyQuote
Share: