The REAL story of t...

Notifications
Clear all

The REAL story of the Dinner Party that shook the Gorge.....

Page 1 / 2

john barry
(@john-barry)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

**Look who`se come for dinner...Part II*

As news travels rather quickly in the Trailer Park environs, word of Shrek and Snow White`s planned debauchery ran like wildfire.

It had made it`s way around the camper sites for a full three revolutions before Mark Trail could tight-lace his Doc Martins and hop in the big red Jeep.

His hounds and tactical gear were all stowed in back….As Mark was wont to say: “A place for everything and everything in its place”

Mark had many other sayings, yet was down to just a handful of acquaintances that would still tolerate listening to them

Mark’s niece, Patricia, would be coming along tonight, literally riding shotgun.Patricia was painfully aware that she was “overscale”….but deep inside, even she knew that scale adherence, like common courtesy and personal grooming, held no sway in the Snow/Shrek way of life

They went in. They did what had to be done

When questioned later at an impromptu news conference, Trade was asked why only three elves had been rescued when aerial reconnaissance had indicated a larger presence. Mark wearily explained, for the umpteenth time : “we got what looked to be one of each “kind”  “y`know,so they wouldn’t go extinct” No mention was made regarding the “mishap” with Mark`s wolfhound, nor would it EVER be spoken of.

In a rare display of prideful bravado, Mark actually flashed the “O” symbol at the bevy of local newshounds who had come out for the story. ”What’s that dang fool doin` with his hand like that” asked McGillatownski, a veteran newsman who had carried ink-smudges longer than Trail had been alive

“Thinks he’s Omnipotent” explained cub reporter Cubby Thompson, hoping to gain favor with Gill, yet barely meriting a scowl for his efforts

jeep liberty 01
jeep liberty 02
jeep liberty 03
jeep liberty 06

***will there come a part III to our story?....we sincerely hope not*

Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Famed Member Registered

It would appear that Patricia had learned to live with being overscale but riding shotgun still had her nervous. Ah the perils of being a figment of JBs mind.

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

Posted by: @john-barry

**Look who`se come for dinner...Part II*

As news travels rather quickly in the Trailer Park environs, word of Shrek and Snow White`s planned debauchery ran like wildfire.

It had made it`s way around the camper sites for a full three revolutions before Mark Trail could tight-lace his Doc Martins and hop in the big red Jeep.

His hounds and tactical gear were all stowed in back….As Mark was wont to say: “A place for everything and everything in its place”

Mark had many other sayings, yet was down to just a handful of acquaintances that would still tolerate listening to them

Mark’s niece, Patricia, would be coming along tonight, literally riding shotgun.Patricia was painfully aware that she was “overscale”….but deep inside, even she knew, that scale adherence, like common courtesy and personal grooming, held no sway in the Snow/Shrek way of life

They went in. They did what had to be done

When questioned late at an impromptu news conference, Trade was asked why only three elves had been rescued when aerial reconnaissance had indicated a larger presence. Mark wearily explained, for the umpteenth time : “we got what looked to be one of each “kind”  “y`know,so they wouldn’t go extinct” No mention was made regarding the “mishap” with Mark`s wolfhound, nor would it EVER be spoken of.

In a rare display of prideful bravado, Mark actually flashed the “O” symbol at the bevy of local newshounds who had come out for the story. ”What’s that dang fool doin` with his hand like that” asked McGillatownski, a veteran newsman who had carried ink-smudges longer than Trail had been alive

“Thinks he’s Omnipotent” explained cub reporter Cubby Thompson, hoping to gain favor with Gill, yet barely meriting a scowl for his efforts

jeep liberty 01
jeep liberty 02
jeep liberty 03
jeep liberty 06

***will there come a part III to our story?....we sincerely hope not*

Riveting stuff JB.  So courageous of Mark to put down his pipe and take the Liberty to do something about this Gustatorial Gnasher.

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin Moderator

Ahh; the beguiling posts of JB and responses from the appreciative.  Cool  

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

a subset of reference material.....source:

Mad 012 Jack Davis 001
Mad 012 Jack Davis 002
Mad 012 Jack Davis 003
Mad 012 Jack Davis 004
Mad 012 Jack Davis 005
Mad 012 Jack Davis 006
Mad 012 Jack Davis 007

"Mad" (THE COMIC BOOK) #12 dated June 1954, and Harvey Kurtzman and Jack Davis' spin on Ed Dodd's comic strip "Mark Trail", entitled "Mark Trade".

**Mark Trail was not covered in our local paper.....my childhood and early adult memories of him are reverse engineered from this Mad Magazine parody*

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Famed Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @bob-jackman

It would appear that Patricia had learned to live with being overscale but riding shotgun still had her nervous. Ah the perils of being a figment of JBs mind.

you`d like it up there Bob ....always at a constant body temperature, and kept dim for easy napping

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Famed Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @perrone1

I`ve noticed this Tony.....as long as people have ready access to tryptophan via the "leftovers" route......almost ANYTHING can entertain them Eat

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Famed Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jack-dodds

Riveting stuff JB.  So courageous of Mark to put down his pipe and take the Liberty to do something about this Gustatorial Gnasher.

thank you Jack....it was no easy task for Pully (the middle Elf) to separate Mark from his Briarwood

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

a subset of reference material.....source:

Mad 012 Jack Davis 001
Mad 012 Jack Davis 002
Mad 012 Jack Davis 003
Mad 012 Jack Davis 004
Mad 012 Jack Davis 005
Mad 012 Jack Davis 006
Mad 012 Jack Davis 007

"Mad" (THE COMIC BOOK) #12 dated June 1954, and Harvey Kurtzman and Jack Davis' spin on Ed Dodd's comic strip "Mark Trail", entitled "Mark Trade".

**Mark Trail was not covered in our local paper.....my childhood and early adult memories of him are reverse engineered from this Mad Magazine parody*

This explains a lot JB.........

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

You were there Hoser !!!......over at the section 17 tables,eating all the orange crayons Deceitful  

Mad 019 003
Mad 019 004
Mad 019 005
Mad 019 006
Mad 019 007
Mad 019 008
Mad 019 009

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin Moderator

I`ve noticed this Tony.....as long as people have ready access to tryptophan via the "leftovers" route......almost ANYTHING can entertain them Eat

Exposed to the tryptophan by eating left-over turkey, never made me drowsy or fall aslee......................ZZZZZZZZZZ

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

You were there Hoser !!!......over at the section 17 tables,eating all the orange crayons Deceitful  

Mad 019 003
Mad 019 004
Mad 019 005
Mad 019 006
Mad 019 007
Mad 019 008
Mad 019 009

Jeez JB....I miss my meds for one day, make a minor indiscretion in art class and all of a sudden I'm the problem child!  At least I removed the paper from the Crayolas; I do have some social graces!

Relax JB...what I meant was the Mark Trade and Mickey Rodent exposure explains the base of quality in your submissions. Smile  

This post was modified 2 months ago by Jack Dodds

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

@jack-dodds    back when these boards flowed freely, and visitors moved,unmolested, from forum to forum without ever leaving the page they were on,a still employed young man,Canadian, but still a good fellow, shared that he had been influenced as a youth by the inner workings of Mad Magazine....`memba Jack ?

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Exposed to the tryptophan by eating left-over turkey, never made me drowsy or fall aslee......................ZZZZZZZZZZ

aint it just : waking up___having coffee___food___napping....there`s just no valid reason to be heading off to Mars or anything....we`ve got it ALL!!!! 

it just doesn`t get any better

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

@jack-dodds    back when these boards flowed freely, and visitors moved,unmolested, from forum to forum without ever leaving the page they were on,a still employed young man,Canadian, but still a good fellow, shared that he had been influenced as a youth by the inner workings of Mad Magazine....`memba Jack ?

Ah yes, I do indeed recall discussing this deeply influential publication, complete with its accordion-folding last page containing a surprising alternative statement. What impressed me in particular was my role model and perennial favorite, Mr. Roger Kaputnick......always dapper in his GQ togs and ascot.  Like our other hero Mark Trail, Roger enjoyed a cerebral conversation; pipe clenched in his teeth for effect.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: