1960 Chevrolet Impala Conv 12
1960 Chevrolet Impala Conv 13

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

PacoSaval, Tony Perrone, Pete Rovero and 5 people liked
John Napoli
(@carsman1958)
Honorable Member

John,  One of my favorites, but wish it had a V8.

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Famed Member

Very nice set John......time to put `er in the wind 

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Famed Member

Posted by: @carsman1958

John,  One of my favorites, but wish it had a V8.

LOL, that's hilarious.  Unless you know a way to get behind the wheel and bomb that little model down the road, what engine it has under the hood doesn't matter.  Smile

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Famed Member

Great photos John Merritt!  It's one of my favorites.  Always wondered why DM didn't put shiny hubcaps on it though.  None the less, it's a beauty.  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

ReplyQuote
John Bono
(@sizedoesmatter)
Noble Member

I have this one and the "re-paint" done in blue. Love both.  

If I recall, both have the V8. I believe the FM issue had the six-cylinder engine.

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Famed Member Registered

John Bono is correct.

John Bono liked
ReplyQuote
John Napoli
(@carsman1958)
Honorable Member

@georgeschire George, it just dosen't look right with that straight six.  I know that was an option, but we so often talk about the little differences and the V8 would just look better when you open the hood.

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Famed Member

@georgeschire George, it just dosen't look right with that straight six.  I know that was an option, but we so often talk about the little differences and the V8 would just look better when you open the hood.

One of my shortcomings as a male who loves cars, I've never given the least bit about what is or was under the hood.  I know that seems strange, but motors have never been something that I cared about.  LOL, as long as it has one, of course.  Smile And I know this will seem strange too, but whenever I'm at an old car show, having the hood's open on the cars is a distraction for me and the last thing I want to see is a motor, and worse yet is talk about horsepower etc.  I'm in to how a car looks inside and out and how it feels when driving it.  As I said, likely a shortcoming.  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

ReplyQuote
Pete Rovero
(@pete-rovero)
Honorable Member

Posted by: @georgeschire

One of my shortcomings as a male who loves cars, I've never given the least bit about what is or was under the hood.  I know that seems strange, but motors have never been something that I cared about.  LOL, as long as it has one, of course.  Smile And I know this will seem strange too, but whenever I'm at an old car show, having the hood's open on the cars is a distraction for me and the last thing I want to see is a motor, and worse yet is talk about horsepower etc.  I'm in to how a car looks inside and out and how it feels when driving it.  As I said, likely a shortcoming.  

George, I'm with you.  How a car looks has always been the first attraction for me, not how many cubes it has under the hood.  

ReplyQuote
John Napoli
(@carsman1958)
Honorable Member

@georgeschire George and Pete:  I agree with both of you.  The first impression is always what it looks like, how the interior is made, but in the end it is what makes it go.  So when you find one of this big beauties you just come to expect a big V8 to push it down the road.  I remember my first car was a 68 Dodge Dart, which today is highly sought after if it had a V8.  Mine was a salesman car I bought used and it had the smallest 6 Cylinder 170 cu in.  Even though it was adequate for the car, I had always wished for a big V8 so I could hang with the big boys.  Oh well that was then and this is now, now I drive a 4 cylinder.  LOL

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

If bit's an Impala it just has to have a V-8......6 cyl. is for Biscaynes and the like.  Lol.

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Famed Member

@georgeschire George and Pete:  I agree with both of you.  The first impression is always what it looks like, how the interior is made, but in the end it is what makes it go.  So when you find one of this big beauties you just come to expect a big V8 to push it down the road.  I remember my first car was a 68 Dodge Dart, which today is highly sought after if it had a V8.  Mine was a salesman car I bought used and it had the smallest 6 Cylinder 170 cu in.  Even though it was adequate for the car, I had always wished for a big V8 so I could hang with the big boys.  Oh well that was then and this is now, now I drive a 4 cylinder.  LOL

Most kids I hung with when I was younger were always in to "how fast a car could go".  Not me though, as I was never in to speed or burning rubber.  So honestly, if a car has a 6 or an 8 under the hood, is of no interest to me.  Our differences make us all interesting.  Smile

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

ReplyQuote
Pete Rovero
(@pete-rovero)
Honorable Member

@carsman1958 

John, I bet your current 4 cylinder has way more horsepower than your old 6!  My 2.5L 4 cyl Mazda3 has 25% more horsepower than my '72 351 Cleveland Mustang.

ReplyQuote
John Napoli
(@carsman1958)
Honorable Member

@georgeschire So true George.  That's what makes each one of us Special. 😀  

ReplyQuote
Share: