Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

OMG! A Packard Pickup?  Amazed  

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Famed Member

what the!? it is amazing, more please Hollis!

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

@geoff-jowett +1.

ReplyQuote
Hollis Cornell
(@mopar-mr)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

@geoff-jowett 

The car in ? is the '34 Packard LeBaron Speedster pickup I picked up in one of 3 lots I won in that auction Rich Faber was talking about a couple of weeks ago. Chris Senyitko built it, he did a fine job on it. Matter a fact I picked up 3 of Chris's cars in the 3 lots I won. The '39 Maybach Panel Custom is on the other auction now. Chris also did a '49 Ford Surf Panel custom that I'll probably keep. I'll post it at a later date.

This post was modified 2 days ago 2 times by Hollis Cornell

Tony Perrone reacted
ReplyQuote
Rich Faber
(@rich-faber)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @mopar-mr

@geoff-jowett 

The car in ? is the '34 Packard LeBaron Speedster pickup I picked up in one of 3 lots I won in that auction Rich Faber was talking about a couple of weeks ago. Chris Senyitko built it, he did a fine job on it. Matter a fact I picked up 3 of Chris's cars in the 3 lots I won. The '39 Maybach Panel Custom is on the other auction now. Chris also did a '49 Ford Surf Panel custom that I'll probably keep. I'll post it at a later date.

To add more background, the Packard pickup was the first model my friend Jerry commissioned Chris to do for him in 2018. I recall Jerry sending me the in progress pics that Chris would send him. I probably still have them somewhere. I'm pretty sure Jerry and Chris conceived of the idea together. Jerry had a lot of great ideas for interesting modifications, and Chris loved the challenge of bringing Jerry's ideas to life. The '49 Ford surf wagon Hollis references above was also Jerry's idea, among many others. Chris and I talk frequently, and he and I both discuss how much we miss Jerry. The loss goes beyond just him as a person. He was an idea factory, and because of him, numerous unique diecasts exist. I have several of them, and now a lot of others who won them in the auction have some too. Jerry's concepts live on. I think he'd really appreciate the legacy of creativity he left (although he'd laugh at the idea that he was "creative." But he was!). Thanks for spotlighting this, Hollis.

Best,

Rich

This post was modified 1 day ago 2 times by Rich Faber

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Famed Member

@rich-faber Thanks Rich, if you get the chance please post pics of the models you have that Chris created. Certainly impressive work.

ReplyQuote
Rich Faber
(@rich-faber)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @geoff-jowett

@rich-faber Thanks Rich, if you get the chance please post pics of the models you have that Chris created. Certainly impressive work.

Hi Geoff,

I've been planning to do that for a while, actually, but we recently moved, and a lot of my cars are in storage at the moment. Once I get things better organized, I'll try to share some of my models here. Please don't expect a lot anytime soon though! I have a lot of catching up to do since the move. Thanks!

Best,

Rich

ReplyQuote
Share: