A Model Dose... Wed...

Notifications
Clear all

A Model Dose... Wednesday 12/22/21

John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

To say I am infatuated with the '59 Buick would be an understatement, as with the '57, I have several of both and since they are my two favorite Buick styles, I'm great with that.

Here's another very special '59 Buick from my collection...

1st, there is a story to go with this model, as I was told.  This model was also listed on eBay, I came across it when I found the convertible. The seller indicated this model was a 1-off commissioned by the owner. He contacted Western Models at the time they issued the convertible version in this color. He asked Western Models to make a hardtop in the same color w/a beige top to match his 1:1. They did, and here it is. Now how true is this, I don't know. I took the story at face-value, but I know the model is special and it is an EXCELLENT! color, and I bought it for that reason. Whether it is a 1-off, I don't know. Has anyone ever seen another one?

1959 Buick Invicta Hardtop Coupe - Western Models in Copper Glow & Beige

1959 Buick Invicta Hdtp C0
1959 Buick Invicta Hdtp C1
1959 Buick Invicta Hdtp C4
1959 Buick Invicta Hdtp C5
1959 Buick Invicta Hdtp C6
1959 Buick Invicta Hdtp C7

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Prominent Member

That is a beautiful model. I never saw one like that.  If I did, I probably would have bought it. The 1959 cars from GM are among my favorites. The only 1959 Buick I have is WMCE white convertible.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Noble Member

Great model of Buick's terrific 1959 spaceship.

ReplyQuote
Carlo14
(@carlo14)
Eminent Member

Goldvarg has a '59 Buick wagon coming out which looks lovely, and Kess look like they are due to release a 4dr sedan which doesn't look quite so lovely.  Perhaps it will be better in the flesh.

ReplyQuote
Share: