Chicago Show this w...

Notifications
Clear all

Chicago Show this weekend (Countryside, IL)!

18 Posts
7 Users
22 Likes
Karl Schnelle
(@karl)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

The Brooklin Collectors Club (BCC) will have a booth at the Countryside Collectors Classic Show in Chicago on this Sunday, Oct 16.   The 1:8 Brooklin Cadillac V16 Engine will be on hand. We’ll also have a preproduction version of Brooklin’s soon-to-be-issued 1946 Pontiac Torpedo. GLM is sending some new releases and some prototypes. There will be brochures, show discounts and plenty of good fellowship. Drop in and see us. Our booth will be close to the main entrance. You’ll be able to join the BCC, if you’re not already a member. If you do, you’ll have first priority in ordering the Pontiac Torpedo AND a 10% discount!"

Location and times: https://www.uniqueeventsshows.com/Countryside_Dates.html

Reply here, or contact Tom Kinney who will be manning the booth, for more information.  All Forum members are welcome to stop by!

Brooklin

Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Illustrious Member

Thanks for posting this. I plan to be there.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
Karl Schnelle
(@karl)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Tom Kinney informs me that we will have the massive V16 engine available for sale… and one even for immediate delivery!  

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin

One of the discounts being offered at the show will be a 10% discount on the new Brooklin 1946 Pontiac. This will be made available to BCC club members only. You can sign up to become a member of the club right there at the show or email Tom Kinney today!

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Illustrious Member

Went to the Chattanooga Motorcar Festival today, saw some vintage racing, car club displays, and the Mecum auction. Tomorrow is the Concours d'Lemons and a toy show in nearby East Ridge. Saw Wayne Carini walk by and talked to the folks building a motorsports park 45 minutes from me. 

ReplyQuote
Nickies
(@nickies)
Noble Member

@jkuvakas How can I get a form to sign for BCC and place an order for the 1946 Pontiac?

ReplyQuote
Karl Schnelle
(@karl)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

@nickies John has sporadic access to email this week, so I will answer. 

The BCC has free membership until the end of 2022. This will entitle you to the last magazine of the year.   The magazine will include all recent factory news including new releases.  If interested, please email your name, email, address and telephone number to John Bowyer, our member secretary at johnbowyer.bcc@gmail.com .

Join the BCC Facebook group by searching for "Brooklin Collectors Club" to get the latest news.  As soon as the 1946 Pontiac is released, it should be announced there.  Tom will have a pre-pro in Chicago tomorrow, because the production version is not yet available.
This post was modified 2 years ago by Karl Schnelle

John Merritt reacted
ReplyQuote
Karl Schnelle
(@karl)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Here is the Brooklin 1946 Pontiac sample model that will be on display today at Countryside!

Brooklin Pontiac

ReplyQuote
Michel Lemieux
(@michel-lemieux)
Noble Member

Beautiful but what is your appreciation of the new base plate? Is it easy to remove and replace the Pontiac on the base without risking damage?

ReplyQuote
Karl Schnelle
(@karl)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

@michel-lemieux The photo above is just of the sample model so might not be the final packaging...  Do you have a previous NB Center model - how hard was it for you to remove it from the base?

ReplyQuote
Michel Lemieux
(@michel-lemieux)
Noble Member

@karl I did not try. I have the Lincoln Zephyr and i am afraid at the paid price to remove it on his base plate. That NBCC baseplate is different than the others. I mean the 6 first ones. I don't know for the 1963 Buick? Hoping not a chemical reaction with the tires and the baseplate material. Surely this must have been thought of before.

ReplyQuote
Nickies
(@nickies)
Noble Member

@michel-lemieux I suspect this will be the same base and I agree with you that it is not easy to remove the model from it. This Pontiac will be an awesome model.

ReplyQuote
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Illustrious Member

The original NB Center models shown at the NB Center last year did not have the base seen w/the Pontiac. All three of the Riviera models do. I didn't have any trouble removing them from the base, and I do have them all displayed in my home office in their case, just not affixed.

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

ReplyQuote
Michel Lemieux
(@michel-lemieux)
Noble Member

I wondered. On the sale brochures of the 1946 Pontiac as well as on several pictures i can see the chrome side trim all along the car. I wonder why on the Pontiac at the museum as well as on the 1:43 there is none. It seems to me what would be even more attractive if there were.

ReplyQuote
Karl Schnelle
(@karl)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I think this might be it in 2015:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/splattergraphics/28999654393

and 2018:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/splattergraphics/50208611641

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: