Dominion Models

11 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
cadillaclloyd
(@lloyd-mecca)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Does anyone here have any first-hand knowledge of the current well-being of Bob and the situation of Dominion Models' operaton. I called him today and the longtime number is disconnected.

I'm sure many of us have ordered from him in the past, and I wonder if anyone has any additional information.

Thanks.

Rick Thompson
(@rick-thompson)
Eminent Member

I have bought models from Bob since the early 1990s.  I have sent two emails to him, and received no replies.  I am afraid that Dominion Models is no more, and that is a real shame.  He was great to deal with for decades.

ReplyQuote
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member

I never met him, but I ordered mostly Brooklins from Bob several times.  He was helpful, accurate, and quickly responsive.  I miss his dealership.

ReplyQuote
cadillaclloyd
(@lloyd-mecca)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Yes, I have been doing business with him since 1988. Met him once in Chicago years back.

I just thought if he closed the business, he would have sent a mailer to his customers or otherwise notified those of us who purchased from him.

ReplyQuote
John Sharisky
(@john-sharisky)
Reputable Member

He’s got 73 live items on eBay right now. 

His ID is:

roberhoope_8

John Sharisky
Marlborough, Massachusetts USA

ReplyQuote
cadillaclloyd
(@lloyd-mecca)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@john-sharisky 

Yes, thanks, I'm aware. Just asking for first-hand knowledge of his personal well-being and his business.

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

I last spoke with Bob three weeks ago and he was awaiting the closing of the sale of his home which was scheduled for the week of May 23rd. Bob told me that once the house was sold that he would be in a position to get the business up and running again. After learning that his phone number is no longer valid I too sent Bob an email with no reply. It is my sincere hope that Bob is okay.

ReplyQuote
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member

I just checked his eBay listings.  Some interesting models there, with lots of variations. 

ReplyQuote
cadillaclloyd
(@lloyd-mecca)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@d-m-holcombe

I see that the eBay items are still there. Maybe that is going to be it??

ReplyQuote
JayGolan
(@jaygolan)
Reputable Member

Would some post one of his ebay listings? I would like to add him to my saved sellers. Thanks. 

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @jaygolan

Would some post one of his ebay listings? I would like to add him to my saved sellers. Thanks. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334446613853

ReplyQuote
Share: