Plymouth Barracuda ...

Notifications
Clear all

Plymouth Barracuda 1968

Carlo14
(@carlo14)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I think I get the most pleasure out of buying a real cheapie and discovering it's really a very nice model.  This is part of a series called 'American Cars', and I think the models are by Altaya probably made for DeAgostini.  I love the shape of this Plymouth and have just replaced the windscreen wipers, fitted some narrow whitewalls and some bigger headlights than the tiny ones it came with.  (Just noticed on the photos one of them is crooked, will have to correct that).

20211222 134319
20211222 134352
20211222 134346
20211222 134357

Karl Schnelle
(@karl)
Noble Member

Nice upgrades!  😀 

ReplyQuote
Ken Spear
(@kenspear)
Reputable Member

@carlo14. Nice windshield wipers. Where did you find them?

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Moderator Admin

Very nicely done!

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Carlo14
(@carlo14)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Wipers were in my spares box, originally came from a NEO '86 Dodge Aries.

ReplyQuote
John Quilter
(@john-quilter)
Prominent Member

Bought two of these and made one into a convertible.  But did not do the upgrades, will have to think about those.

1968 Barracuda #1

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

ReplyQuote
Carlo14
(@carlo14)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

That convertible conversion is impressive John.  Think I'm a way away from attempting that type of upgrade.

ReplyQuote
John Quilter
(@john-quilter)
Prominent Member

Posted by: @carlo14

That convertible conversion is impressive John.  Think I'm a way away from attempting that type of upgrade.

Thanks.  Where did you find those thin whitewalls?

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

ReplyQuote
Carlo14
(@carlo14)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

From a cheap 'James Bond Car Collection' 1965 Ford Mustang.  I've bought a fair few of this series as they only cost around £5 and are very useful for wheels and tyres especially.  The '57 Ford Fairlane in this series has a particularly nice set of whitewalls which would look good on any more expensive model.

ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Noble Member

I keep hoping many of the American car series will end up as higher quality Ixo or Premium X models. Ixo will soon release the 1970 Camaro from this series (in red I think). 

ReplyQuote
John Quilter
(@john-quilter)
Prominent Member

I agree with you Harv,  bring on some reasonably priced diecasts and I'll buy two, one to keep stock and one to modify.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

ReplyQuote
cadillaclloyd
(@lloyd-mecca)
Estimable Member

@john-quilter

Read your letter in the most recent edition of CA. I thought DC did something in that area.

ReplyQuote
John Quilter
(@john-quilter)
Prominent Member

Posted by: @lloyd-mecca

@john-quilter

Read your letter in the most recent edition of CA. I thought DC did something in that area.

Took me a while to understand your post until I re read my letter.   I thought you were referring to my latest letter to Collectible Automobile asking about the 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Seville hardtop sedan of which only four were produced.  See the production stats on page 53 of the February 2022 issue.

Couldn't afford, or find,  the Durham Classics Chevrolet Canopy Express so made one up albeit a later year.

1954 Chevy Canopy exp #4

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

ReplyQuote
Mark Lampariello
(@mark-lampariello)
Reputable Member

@john-quilter Your work always amazes, thank you for posting.  [Almost seriously] do you take commissions??

ReplyQuote
Share: