Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

Ed Glorius, Mike DeTorrice, John Merritt and 11 people reacted
David Knight
(@david-knight)
Famed Member

John, thanks for that short take on John Roberts’ Crocus Yellow ‘65 Impala. It’s enough to convince us that a Crocus Yellow ‘65 Impala in either convertible or coupe, or even both would be beautiful offerings from Brooklin. The white interior is spectacular with the yellow.

B515BD9A B8E7 46FF 8763 B358E47637A5
5A23CF14 DC1F 4186 B334 7DCA57B89576

David Knight
Richmond, Virginia. USA

Ed Glorius, John Merritt, Ed Davis and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

@david-knight   I agree wholeheartedly with Mr. Knight; this car looks awesome, especially the convertible with the white/black contrasting interior.  As you know this one was discussed a bit last week when suggestions were solicited for the NABCC 2022 model.

John Kuvakas, Ed Davis, John Kuvakas and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Illustrious Member

I would be all-in for either a hardtop or convertible in yellow. 

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

Jack Dodds, John Kuvakas, Jack Dodds and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
John Quilter
(@john-quilter)
Famed Member

I'm looking for a 1965 Caprice, first year for this upmarket Impala that ran for many years.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

John Merritt, John Kuvakas, John Merritt and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
PTC
 PTC
(@ptc)
Honorable Member

This model is spectacular.

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @john-quilter

I'm looking for a 1965 Caprice, first year for this upmarket Impala that ran for many years.

John;  Do you by chance recall if GM did a Caprice 2drht in 1965?  The first one I can recall is the '66 model.

ReplyQuote
John Quilter
(@john-quilter)
Famed Member

@jack-dodds  You are correct, in 1965 there was only a four door hardtop.   Many came with vinyl tops,  This was one of the first years for the optional huge 396 CID engine paired with the Turbo 400 gearbox which was much more modern and efficient than the two speed Powerglide.  Most likely came with 283 CID or 327 CID engines.  Interiors were upgraded from the Impala with more luxurious upholstery that one roadtest writer referred to as the panty cloth material.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

@john-quilter Thanks John.  I recall in '69 my friend's older brother had a 66 Caprice 2dr. in yellow (no vinyl roof) with black cloth interior, 327 engine; I thought it was a gorgeous car.  He was the only owner....drove it til the end many years later.

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

My dad had a '66 2 door Caprice as well. They had a unique roofline.

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
John Quilter
(@john-quilter)
Famed Member

@jack-dodds  A college classmate had a hand me down '65 Caprice,  metallic blue with black vinyl top,  circa the late 60s.  Nice looking car.   He was not mechanically inclined so I stepped in to diagnose why the 283 began running on 7 cylinders.   Determined one rocker arm had broken away from its ball joint pedestal.  Unusual failure. No rocker shaft on those engines.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @jkuvakas

My dad had a '66 2 door Caprice as well. They had a unique roofline.

Yes they sure did have a unique roofline.  I remember it kind of polarized opinion back then; at least among us young guys.  I like it a lot but personally prefer the vinyl roof delete version.

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

My dad's had the Strato Bucket seats and a set of gauges on the center console. It was one of the best interiors, IMO. 

eab6e2bf12ea02bda92b4955cba9bfca

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @jkuvakas

My dad's had the Strato Bucket seats and a set of gauges on the center console. It was one of the best interiors, IMO. 

eab6e2bf12ea02bda92b4955cba9bfca

Yes I agree.  GM had great interiors back in the 60s.

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

JK:  Come to think of it your pic triggered a memory for me.  I was wondering why I would have remembered that the yellow '66 Caprice I experienced also had the Strato buckets and console, when I flashed back to the time the older brother of my friend who owned the car took us to the A&W.  I sat behind him and to my total embarrassment spilled my chocolate shake on the floor (one and only time in my life...lol).  I recall him calmly handing back wads of napkins for to me to sop it up through the gap in the seats/console.  I thought he was the coolest person afterward as he never even got the slightest bit angry; amazing considering it was his pride and joy.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: