Chevrolet Day at th...

Notifications
Clear all

Chevrolet Day at the Drive-In

Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

The attached pictures are for Chevrolet day at the Drive-In on my 1/64 scale model train layout.  The cars are from Ertl, M2, and Racing Champions.  The Drive-In restaurant is a building I made from a resin kit from Pine Canyon Scale Models.  I purchased the kit about 10 years ago.  The Galaxy Drive-In sign does light and is from Miller Engineering.

Enjoy the photos.

IMG 2336
IMG 2340
IMG 2348
IMG 2342

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

David Green
(@david-green)
Famed Member

Very impressive Ed. I remember stopping at similar Drive-in Restaurants in the 1960s. That is a very nice selection of Chevrolets in the bays. Great post. Thanks!

Also, nice display case on the wall.

Ed Davis liked
ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Famed Member Registered

Super setup Ed. Thanks for sharing.

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@david-green 

A few comments about the display case.  I have two of them, and the second is on the adjacent wall.  About 25 years ago I was looking for wall mounted display cases for my trains and other things I had.  Looking in a model railroad magazine, I saw an ad for hand made display cases made of hardwood with sliding glass panels.  Each shelf had its own sliding glass panel.  There were several options for length, depth, height between shelves, number of shelves, and stain.  I ordered two of the largest size offered.  Each was 48 inches long with four shelves that could accommodate O scale trains.  At about $500 each, they were expensive, but worth the money.  Attached are pictures of them.  The first has 1/43 scale cars.  The second has trains, 1/64 scale trucks and cars, and a few 1/43 scale cars.

IMG 2349
IMG 2351

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Famed Member

These are gorgeous Ed. They display well and look wonderful on the wall. Expensive, I realize but long lasting and worth the money.

I got display cases from a hobby shop going out of business. Here is the larger one at the end of my recreation room. (Second image is one of the shelf areas, actually glass shelves for HO trains.)  The last image is part of my overloaded work room.

RR5
RR53
SR1

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@david-green 

I have heard of several collectors, who bought display cases from stores going out of business.  Though I never went this route, this can be a good way to get nice display cases.  Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Reputable Member

Nicely done Ed!

ReplyQuote
Share: