Corvettes in Approximately 1/64 Scale

28 Posts
4 Users
56 Likes
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I have a few Corvette models in approximately 1/64 scale and will show them in one post.

The first one is a 1953 Corvette, which is part of the Hot Wheels high detailed series.  The year 1998 is on bottom of plastic display case, which is about the time I purchased it.  Model is nicely detailed, but the light yellow color is not accurate for 1953.  I believe all Corvettes for 1953 were white.

IMG 2203
IMG 2210
IMG 2211
IMG 2209

The second model is a 1959 Corvette from Greenlight.

IMG 2213
IMG 2218
IMG 2215

The third model is a 1968 to 1970 version.  It is a plastic model from Lindberg, which is part of their Mini-Lindy series.  It came as a kit.  I airbrushed the body gloss white, painted the tail lights, and assembled the small number of parts.

IMG 2245
IMG 2247

Enjoy the photos, and add any additional Corvette models you might have.

Stay happy and healthy.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

Ed, thanks for posting. You are correct all 1953 Corvettes were white...yellow did not appear until 1955 as an option. The red model is a 1958 not a 1959 and it is easily identified by the chrome bars on the deck lid and washboard hood both of which were a one year only detail. The last model is either a 1968 or 1969. The 1970 has different side vents on the front fenders for 1970 through 1972.

Ed Davis and Ed Davis reacted
ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Illustrious Member

Hi Ed,

It looks like you have the potential here to start a new series of posts on Corvette. Nice selection to start and a nice variety.

In 1963, Chevrolet introduced the Corvette Grand Sport for competition.

In 1990, Matchbox made a model of this tn their 75 series. I still have one in the original package. Here it is.

P1090757
P1090759
P1090760

There are a significant number of Corvettes in 1/64 out there by a wide variety of companies.

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@bob-jackman 

Thanks for your comments.  I am not as knowledgeable as you on the differences from year to year for Corvettes.  Regarding the red one, the chassis includes the following "1959 Chevrolet Corvette", which is why I used that number.  From my experience, this is not the first time a diecast manufacturer made a mistake, and it will not be the last time.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

Ed, I have seen many of these mistakes by the manufacturers. I attribute it to the fact that many of these manufacturers do not live in the USA and are not aware of the details of the models they build.

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Illustrious Member

Here is the HotWheels 2021 Walmart Exclusive 1955 Corvette. 

s l1600
s l1600

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I have not been to Walmart in a while.  I had forgotten they can be a good source of 1/64 scale models.  I am sure some of my models came from there and from Target.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Illustrious Member

MATCHBOX Chevrolet Corvette C8

This year, MATCHBOX has issued two new castings of the 2020 Corvette C8.

The first one is the street vehicle, issued in both red and blue. I found the red one this week but am still looking for the blue one.

s l1600
s l1600
s l1600
s l1600

MATCHBOX has also issued the racing Corvette C8 in white under the title MATCHBOX SUPER CHASE

s l1600
s l1600

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

This week I received a package from Diecast Direct.  One of the items was a 2020 Corvette from TSM sold under the Mini GT family.  The Mini GT line includes mostly current sports cars in either street or racing colors/graphics.  This model is painted Accelerate Yellow.  It is diecast and nicely detailed.  There appears to be a separate box enclosed by the plastic packaging.  I assume this is for storing the model when removed from the plastic display package.  For now, I am leaving everything in the original clear plastic package.  It is also more expensive at $12.95.  The package has the MiJo name, which appears to be the company bringing these products to market.  It is a nice model.

IMG 2296
IMG 2300

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

Bob Jackman, David Green, Bob Jackman and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Illustrious Member

Very nice, Ed. This is a new make to me. I see that it is a USA exclusive so I will not find it in Canada. Yes, quite pricey but seems well put together. Good post Ed. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Illustrious Member

HotWheels also issued a racing version of the Corvette C8 in 2021.

Here is the CORVETTE C8R #4 in yellow racing trim. This is number 105 of 250 issues for 2021.

s l1600
s l1600

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@david-green 

When I was looking at the models available from Diecast Direct, I saw many for the 1/64 scale C8 Corvette available today with more coming later this year.  There are both street and racing versions.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Illustrious Member

HotWheels Corvette C8R #4 in grey.

I just found this second colour after the yellow this morning. Same decals but medium grey paint.

s l1600
s l1600

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Illustrious Member

2021 Hot Wheels - 2012 Corvette Z06 - in the Factory 500 HP series, Number  5/10

A deluxe issue new this year with special paint and wheels.

s l1600
s l1600
s l1600

This is the same casting as used in 2020. Here it is with regular wheels and paint in red and in white.

s l1600
s l1600

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Illustrious Member

HOTWHEELS 2005 TREASURE HUNT 1958 Corvette.

Difficult to find. One of 12 Treasure Hunt models for 2005. 25,000 of each were released.

s l1600
s l1600

s l1600
s l1600

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: