7 Wagons worth more...

Notifications
Clear all

7 Wagons worth more than their counterparts.

28 Posts
6 Users
88 Likes
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

Wagons in the 1:1 collector field seem to be heating up. Check out Hagerty's article by clicking here

2022 04 02 09 30 25

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

Ed Glorius, Pete Rovero, David Green and 5 people reacted
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

I guess that rarity is the main reason for prices increasing.  As they say, most wagons were used well and worn out.  I'm a station wagon lover; mostly nostalgia based.

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

I can`t afford ANY car,let alone a vintage wagon....

..but they have such an emotionally STRONG visceral pull, that,for me anyway,suggests a Mom and Dad,temporarily relieved of their day-to-day assigned rolls, will be piloting an adventure,united in a common goal, and focused on a delightful quest..........the kids,seated in back.......or tossed in among the catch-as-catch-can luggage,may just as well be aboard a flight to Mars...... as everything they see beyond a 20 mile radius will be alien and fantastical.....they will come to associate the distinctive smell of the old red steel coleman cooler,deflated plastic beach balls and that unique dusty aroma of nylon webbed,aluminum chairs, as portents to "Adventure Land".....and they know,that,at some point in the journey they will,very likely, get to eat actual BRAND NAME food !!!......and maybe even sleep in a tourist style motel!!!!

*Apologies for the detour John

Ed Glorius, Pete Rovero, David Green and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

@john-barry, a superb reminiscence. 

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

IMG 20220401 174231

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

How bout this wagon ?

IMG 20220401 174231

Jack Dodds, john barry, Jack Dodds and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Illustrious Member

Interesting article. This does show a real change about wagons. For years, they seemed to have little value.

At the time of use, they were invaluable, especially for road trips with families, carrying cones and towing a variety of trailers. Its nice to see them finally collectible.

Jack Dodds, 100Ford2003, john barry and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @jkuvakas

@john-barry, a superb reminiscence. 

very kinds words.....thank you John

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

@david-green 

Ah yes I remember Sundays in our Vintage Burgundy '63 Country Squire as we'd drive out to local dairy's. We were a wagon full of family and cones...ice cream cones ! 😋

Jack Dodds, john barry, David Green and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

Jb you painted a wonderfully realistic picture. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

My favorite wagon memory is a full load of young baseball players stuffed into coach's coral/white '57 Ford Meteor wagon going to and fro from away games.  The clanking of the wood bats, smell of the leather gloves, rolling around of empty pop bottles, discarded candy bar wrappers, stupid jokes and of course burping and farting ad nauseum.  Our assistant coach/parent had a new red/white '64 Comet wagon, which got the same treatment.

john barry, 100Ford2003, john barry and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

@100ford2003 Gorgeous Poncho woody Steve!

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

@jack-dodds 

Thanks Jack.

It was at last night's Main St show.

I'll post a 'few' more pics in a bit. I'm sure there's going to be something that someone will like. The show was packed and there was a car for everyone to drool over. 

Kind a like the way I did over Lois Lane Cool  

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @jack-dodds

My favorite wagon memory is a full load of young baseball players stuffed into coach's coral/white '57 Ford Meteor wagon going to and fro from away games.  The clanking of the wood bats, smell of the leather gloves, rolling around of empty pop bottles, discarded candy bar wrappers, stupid jokes and of course burping and farting ad nauseum.  Our assistant coach/parent had a new red/white '64 Comet wagon, which got the same treatment.

very nicely penned memory Jack.....I wonder if you`ve ever had the pleasure of seeing Coach McGuirk in action on "home movies" ?

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Coach McGuirk ??

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: