Clear all

Hello Everyone

24 Posts
6 Users
12 Likes
lee.kuiper@gmail.com
(@lee-kuipergmail-com)
Topic starter  

Hello All - Newbie here.  I have "inherited" a bunch of model cars. One is a Andy Matthews built car, number 6 out of 12. It is a F1 from 1967. What do yall think? It is pretty cool.

IMG 20220517 125133

100Ford2003, Mike DeTorrice, Ed Davis and 5 people reacted
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin

Welcome! It looks highly detailed. What scale is it?

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Illustrious Member

Nice model Lee and one that I would love to own. I'd like to know the scale also as I tend these days to collect Formula 1 in 1/43 only.

Welcome to The Diecast Zone. You will find just about every diecast model interest discussed here.

ReplyQuote
Chav
 Chav
(@chav)
Noble Member

They are 1:12 and cost fortunes. Nice inheritance!

ReplyQuote
lee.kuiper@gmail.com
(@lee-kuipergmail-com)
Topic starter  

Thanks guys. When you say fortune, how much is that do you think? I have another car, two things for the rear wing are in box just not attached, do they sell better if I attached them you think?

I have about 30 or so models that I probably need to sell. I will post some pics of those if you guys don't mind giving me some feedback.

ReplyQuote
lee.kuiper@gmail.com
(@lee-kuipergmail-com)
Topic starter  

Can y'all look at my media pictures on here or do I need to insert them to the post.

ReplyQuote
Chav
 Chav
(@chav)
Noble Member

Posted by: @lee-kuipergmail-com

Can y'all look at my media pictures on here or do I need to insert them to the post.

We cannot see your media, you have to attach the images to the post by clicking "Add to post" button. Would recommend that you do not repair any broken parts unless you are experienced modeler.

ReplyQuote
lee.kuiper@gmail.com
(@lee-kuipergmail-com)
Topic starter  

Thanks Chav, even though these parts are not broken it seems they where never attached or maybe not attached well. Either way, my hands are to shacky to glue them back on.

Here are a few more pics of available models. I see this site has a auctions page that I need to talk to about selling all these.

ReplyQuote
lee.kuiper@gmail.com
(@lee-kuipergmail-com)
Topic starter  
20220628035526 IMG 3066
20220628035132 IMG 3062
20220628035100 IMG 3061
20220628035213 IMG 3064
20220628035150 IMG 3063
20220628035046 IMG 3060
20220628035505 IMG 3065

ReplyQuote
Chav
 Chav
(@chav)
Noble Member

Interesting collection ...

Let's number the pictures for 0 (Lotus) to 7 (Ferrari)

I can only guess the scales; the chassis of the mass production models (picture 4) will tell you the manufacturer and the scale.

0. You said built by Andy Matthews, probably 1:12, this one is probably the most valuable and worth thousands, but you need it appraised by someone who is familiar with this market, you can email Marshall Buck at http://www.cmamodels.com

1&7. This is also large-scale model; it really depends on who built it

2. 1/24 Historic replicars, in current condition probably worth less than $100, sell it on eBay

3&6. This seems to be a custom built 1/43 model, again depends on the builder, probably worth $100-200, but it is slightly damaged, would sell on eBay

4. Various mass production 1/18 models, if the GT is made by Exoto will be worth more, the 2nd and the 4th ones are likely CMC Maserati's, the one in the back is likely Replicarz, the Renault is 1/24, not sure who made the Aston Martin ... the 1/18 on this picture are worth probably north of $200 each (except the Aston Martin and the Renault), sell on eBay;

5. These seem to be again 1/12, can't tell you much about them, could be worth more than 1K each, they seem like nice builds, ask Marshall

Everything I am telling you is estimated based on the limited pictures I see. Hopefully that helps.

ReplyQuote
lee.kuiper@gmail.com
(@lee-kuipergmail-com)
Topic starter  

Dude, you have been a great help! I was totally lost with all of this. I forgot to mention that I also have some like auto cards, like baseball cards but with race cars on them. The person also had some race car postage stamps, 2 from Russia I think. Some of those old 3d type cards you look at from different angles and some mini helmets. He was a fanatic that's for sure

ReplyQuote
Chav
 Chav
(@chav)
Noble Member

What state are do you live in?

ReplyQuote
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member

@lee-kuipergmail-com             Inheriting specialized collections can be a delight if you like them, and a pain if you have no interest.  You have received some good information here.  I wish you best luck in your sales. I sell some stuff on eBay, but I've not had much luck recently.  It's worth looking at completed sales there to gain information on some of your models. 

I have a hunch several of us will be leaving others to a similar situation.  

This post was modified 5 months ago by David H

ReplyQuote
lee.kuiper@gmail.com
(@lee-kuipergmail-com)
Topic starter  

@chav MS, you?

ReplyQuote
Chav
 Chav
(@chav)
Noble Member

@lee-kuipergmail-com