2012 Lamborghini Gallardo LP-570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale.... [PIC]

9 Posts
5 Users
18 Likes
Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

That's a heckuva name for a heckuva car. The last 3 words mean "Super Trophy Road Car". Only 150 of this Gallardo variant were made. This is finished in Rosso Mars red ( I don't remember Mars being THIS red). It's 5.2 liter 570 hp V-10 with AWD will definitely get you were you want to go... including to jail. 199 mph (limited) and a 0-62 in 3.4 seconds. Lots of carbon fiber keeps the weight down under 3000lbs.

Gallardo LP570 SS 038
Gallardo LP570 SS 069
Gallardo LP570 SS 061
Gallardo LP570 SS 004
Gallardo LP570 SS 055
Gallardo LP570 SS 072
Gallardo LP570 SS 019
Gallardo LP570 SS 021
Gallardo LP570 SS 041
Gallardo LP570 SS 029
Gallardo LP570 SS 015
Gallardo LP570 SS 016
Gallardo LP570 SS 063
Gallardo LP570 SS 031
Gallardo LP570 SS 098

Josh, Mike DeTorrice, Marty Johnson and 5 people reacted
Marty Johnson
(@marty-johnson)
Noble Member

This is very cool and I'm glad to see you posted it under the 1:18 forum and not the utterly useless "Supercar and Hypercar forum.  In fact, in my opinion, when The Zone was redesigned, that forum, Corvette, and Large Scale forums were the wrong direction to take. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that the antique format was updated to the more modern iteration.  However, rather than have separate scale forums, I think it would have made far more sense to combine all of them into the 1:18 forum. 

Actually, what I think makes even more sense is to have ALL forums rolled together.  Doing that exposes collectors to other scales and promotes cross-pollination.  Having separate scales has most of us visiting only the scales we collect and minimizes exposure to other scale models that might be of interest if we saw them.  

Okay, I've stepped down from my soapbox.  

ReplyQuote
Gavin
(@gavin)
Noble Member

I agree with you @marty-johnson on the separate forums...though am fine with the separation by scale.  The Supercars & Corvette forum get little to no traffic & the few threads there are, get pretty much zero responses.  I've stopped posting them there & just do everything in the 1:18 forum.

Back to @rich-sufficool 's Gallardo...this is a very cool model.  I love it in red, too.  I never picked this one up, but do have the original Gallardo (silver AutoArt) & the Superleggera (orange Maisto).

Josh, Marty Johnson, Rich Sufficool and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@marty-johnson The separation of scales is a bit of a throwback to the original conception of the D4C in 1997 founded by Jay Olins and Michael Knab, which was dedicated to 1/24 precision diecasts which basically meant The Franklin Mint and then Paul's Model Art, Creative Masters and Danbury Mint. Other scales were added (begrudgingly) later as, especially 1/18 models, evolved. Early on there was a definite bias towards 1/24.

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Illustrious Member

A terrific car and model ... sleek, slippery and fast. LOL, it seems mostly a gesture to "limit" this rocket to 199 mph !

ReplyQuote
Josh
 Josh
(@josh)
Prominent Member

@marty-johnson If I may lean on your soap box for a minute, I agree on the separate types of cars but like the addition of the 1/12 forum.

Joshua J. Shy

ReplyQuote
Josh
 Josh
(@josh)
Prominent Member

A little different Gallardo...

models 643

Joshua J. Shy

ReplyQuote
Marty Johnson
(@marty-johnson)
Noble Member

@josh - There is lots of room on my soapbox.  I'm glad to see you chimed in with your perspective as well.  

ReplyQuote
Josh
 Josh
(@josh)
Prominent Member

@marty-johnson Thanks!

Joshua J. Shy

ReplyQuote
Share: