And last Empress Wa...

Notifications
Clear all

And last Empress Wan Jung's 1938 Packard 180

Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

To go along with Rich's last emperor car from Signature, they also produced this really nice '38 Packard 4 door sedan that was made for last Empress Wan Jung (presumably Henry's wife) It features right-hand drive and, other than that and the gold insignia on the front bumper, could easily appear to be a standard 1938 Packard 180.

Photo Series 4 8 21 002mod4YDZ
Photo Series 4 8 21 003mod1YDZ
Photo Series 4 8 21 006mod1YDZ
Photo Series 4 8 21 007mod1YDZ

Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Prominent Member Registered

Thanks for posting those pics, Mike. I don't think I ever saw this car before. It makes a nice stable mate for Pu-Yi's limo.

ReplyQuote
Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)

Mike, can you post a closeup of the front bumper. I'd like to see what that medallion looks like.

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Rich, here's a close up of the medallion on the Packard 180's front bumper :

Photo Series 4 8 21 002mod4special 1A

ReplyQuote
Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)

@mikedetorrice Thanks, Mike. I have no idea what that's supposed to represent. It looks Mayan. LOL

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @rich-sufficool

@mikedetorrice Thanks, Mike. I have no idea what that's supposed to represent. It looks Mayan. LOL

It does have that look. It also perhaps looks a bit Egyptian and I think it's been described as wings. Maybe it has something to do with the gal whose car it actually was.

Empress Wan Jung

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Noble Member

@mikedetorrice  Henry's wife The Empress was very, very popular and musically talented; so much so in fact, that there was a rock band and their signature dance named after her........I'm almost positive.

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jack-dodds

@mikedetorrice  Henry's wife The Empress was very, very popular and musically talented; so much so in fact, that there was a rock band and their signature dance named after her........I'm almost positive.

Ummm, do you mean the rock band "Wang Chung" ? I don't think that name was connected to the Empress in any particular manner.

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Noble Member

Posted by: @mikedetorrice
Posted by: @jack-dodds

Ummm, do you mean the rock band "Wang Chung" ? I don't think that name was connected to the Empress in any particular manner.

My bad....you're right Mike!  "Everybody Wan Jung tonight.......everybody have fun tonight!" Laugh Wink  

ReplyQuote
Share: