It's Gonna be 60° in Jersey Today. So..... [PIC]

15 Posts
7 Users
20 Likes
Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Let's take the little 1962 260 Cobra Roadster out of mothballs. At 260 bhp and 269 ft/lbs of torque, I think I could tool around in this little snake without killing myself. I'd just have to surrender my license at the end of the day. It's definitely civilian friendly and even has a soft cover over the spare.

This Exoto model is 21 years old and sold at the time for $99. Try buying one now. LOL

Supercar2 050
Supercar2 051
Supercar2 044
Supercar2 057
Cobra 260 020
Cobra 260 016
Cobra 260 017
Cobra 260 018
Cobra 260 019
Cobra 260 022
Cobra 260 023
Cobra 260 024
Cobra 260 025
Cobra 260 021
Cobra 260 035
Cobra 260 032
Cobra 260 036
Cobra 260 037
Cobra 260 026
Cobra 260 028
Cobra 260 006

David Green, Mike DeTorrice, David Green and 1 people reacted
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

I really like the early Cobra as it is more subdued looking.  Don't get me wrong though....I love the monster Cobra too.

There was a dark blue (dove grey interior) AC Ace in concourse condition that showed up occasionally at car shows in Victoria, British Columbia over the years.  It was absolutely stunning to my eye and it is the only one I have ever seen.  As we all know it was the base car selected for the Cobra.

ReplyQuote
Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@jack-dodds Check the first interior closeup. You'll see the "AC" embossed gas pedals.

ReplyQuote
Gavin
(@gavin)
Noble Member

beautiful model, I wish I'd grabbed one, but at the time of release, even $100 was a lot.

I'm glad that Norev released the earlier "slab side" Cobras.  They have a fantastic old school look, compared to the later 427 cars.

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @rich-sufficool

@jack-dodds Check the first interior closeup. You'll see the "AC" embossed gas pedals.

Sure enough!  Very cool.

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Noble Member

This is a GREAT Cobra model. A few years back, however, I noticed something that surprised me (for being an Exoto model). The spare wheel (the tire) is actually SMALLER than it should be. Exoto goofed, they tooled up an incorrect trunk wheel-well sunken cut out. So......  instead of fixing their mistake, they simply tooled-up a SMALLER tire specifically to fit that "too small" wheel well.

I suspect most Exoto Cobra owners aren't aware of this and admittedly it's not the end of the world (hardly a deal breaker) but.... Exoto CHUMPED us!  Even Carol appears miffed!  🤨 

Chump Exoto 2
Chump Exoto 3
Chump Exoto 4
Chump Exoto
This post was modified 8 months ago by Christopher Moroni

100Ford2003, Rich Sufficool, 100Ford2003 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
busdriver2089
(@busdriver2089)
Trusted Member

It's always a pleasure to view these collectables through your fantastic photos.

ReplyQuote
Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@chris So, instead of it being a mini-spare, perhaps it's a midi-spare.

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Noble Member

Posted by: @rich-sufficool

@chris So, instead of it being a mini-spare, perhaps it's a midi-spare.

...correct! 😉 😉 

Oh yeah Rich, I bought mine on sale ($65.00 I believe) ...  UNIMAGINABLE to think about today.  Crazy! 🙄 

This post was modified 8 months ago by Christopher Moroni

ReplyQuote
franklemire
(@franklemire)
Estimable Member

Funny that the last Exoto Cobra I bought was not only a non-racing roadster but also the most expensive one I purchased.

outside4
IMG 2046
IMG 2047
outside1
outside2
outside3
IMG 2022 (2)

A beautiful model that displays quite well even if Shelby American never actually produced one in this color combo.

This post was modified 8 months ago by franklemire

100Ford2003, Rich Sufficool, 100Ford2003 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@franklemire Didn't you buy  that model when we were at the Indy 500? I remember you debating about it there. It's sure a pretty color combo. I contemplated pulling the trigger on that model too.

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Famed Member

Hi Frank,

That's the one I have too. It's a beaut.

ReplyQuote
franklemire
(@franklemire)
Estimable Member

@rich-sufficool I think you might be right - never regretted the purchase although I did let some Indy Car models pass that are now being sold for triple their original price.

ReplyQuote
Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@franklemire Yeah. Bill Bennett talked me into buying that McLaren Indy car I posted recently that I had no interest in. I like it now and couldn't afford it on the secondary market now.

ReplyQuote
franklemire
(@franklemire)
Estimable Member

@rich-sufficool As I recall Bill got that light blue Jorgenson Eagle - another car that is impossible to get your hands on these days. That was a fun trip!

ReplyQuote
Share: