New Hot Wheels Gasser....

10 Posts
3 Users
18 Likes
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

This new (or revised ) 1/18 Hot Wheels 1955 Chevy tooling looks good but wow-wee, it is pricey!  This two-car set (and platform display ) is retailing for c.$400   Yikes! 😬 😬 

HW Che Gas 1
HW Che Gas 2
HW Che Gas 3
HW Che Gas 4

Marty Johnson
(@marty-johnson)
Noble Member

Ha!  Cool!  However, they should have commissioned me to make their smokey burnout Photoshop.  Mine is much better!  LOL!  

Behold, the comparison of theirs and by your... ahem.... "humble" Photoshopper

FuelAlteredLT4
FuelAlteredrt4

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@marty-johnson Hey "Mr. Humble,"  funny you should bring this up. Studying the "smoke"  on that HW display, does it appear "backwards"  to you? 

You should contact HW and notify them that the bulk of that smoke belongs behind the rear wheels, NOT in front of them. Include your PS pics! 😀 😎 😀    

ReplyQuote
Marty Johnson
(@marty-johnson)
Noble Member

@chris - Actually, I think the "smoke" on the Hotwheels model is a 3-dimensional piece of plastic.  I think the "wheelstand" and the flames are Photoshop, though.  Despite all of that, the model is way cool!

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@marty-johnson .....looks like the flames  are separate plastic pieces as are the smoke  inserts. I'm guessing the smoke  conceals the lifts. I don't think the wheelie is PS. I will admit, though, that this pic appears to be "enhanced." 

Yeah, it's cool, but as I noted...  $400 cool?  Seems pricey. 🤔 🤨 😬 

HW Che Gas 5

ReplyQuote
Marty Johnson
(@marty-johnson)
Noble Member

@chris - I think you're right!  It's probably not Photoshopped at all!  Also, to get the wheelstand, now I understand why there is so much tire "smoke" in front of the tire.  Those are "feet" or supports to prevent the model from tipping over on its nose.  The tire "smoke" and the "flames" probably come with the model.  Actually, that's kinda clever!  

Once again, the model without the props is very cool!  The front straight axle is to die for!  Love it!  

Let's agree to buy it and split the costs!  As a gesture of goodwill ('cause I'm such a good guy), I will sacrifice my limited shelf space and display it at my home.  You're welcome to visit to see it any time you choose!  Deal?  

This post was modified 2 months ago by Marty Johnson

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@marty-johnson Awesome advice! We can use this model as a kind of a test,  if, in a few months, no problems arise then we can move up.... to say a luxurious Sunseeker Manhattan.  

That axle: Yes, I agree it looks fantastic.... but honestly, I'm not certain there's posable steering. Not all 1/18 HW cars have steering.... 🤔 🤔 🤔  

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin

Wait! Why should Marty have to do all the work and pay half the price? I say you split it up evenly. Chris pays for the model and Marty displays it! 

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jkuvakas

Wait! Why should Marty have to do all the work and pay half the price? I say you split it up evenly. Chris pays for the model and Marty displays it! 

...auh, John    Don't you have a video to make? 😏 😏

ReplyQuote
Marty Johnson
(@marty-johnson)
Noble Member

@jkuvakas - John!  Now 'yer talkin'!

ReplyQuote
Share: