Ode to the LS6... [PIC]

15 Posts
7 Users
11 Likes
Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Lane's 1970 Chevelle SS 454 Cranberry Red hardtop and convertible were top notch models on their day and still stand up to discerning collectors.

Chevelle 002 001
Chevelle 043
Chevelle 007
Chevelle 046
Chevelle 019
Chevelle 021
Chevelle 041
Chevelle 040
Chevelle 010
Chevelle 011
Chevelle 012
Chevelle 057
Chevelle 055

Chevelle 017
Chevelle 068
Chevelle 072
Chevelle 051
Chevelle 053
Chevelle 035
Chevelle 045
Chevelle 064
Chevelle 066

Bob Jackman, Marty Johnson, David Green and 1 people reacted
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Lane/Exact Detail sure made some beautiful models.  Good value for the money back then IMHO.

ReplyQuote
Gavin
(@gavin)
Noble Member

Great pair, @rich-sufficool.  I always meant to pick up one of Lane's Hardtops.  Cool to see different steering wheels & transmissions in the 2.

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Famed Member

Really nice car ! I had understood that Chevrolet made some LS-7 454 engines but they weren't released officially of put in a Chevy car. Horsepower was supposed to be around 500 hp in the GBHP method or so.

ReplyQuote
Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@mikedetorrice Hi Mike. Where have you been the last few weeks? Or shouldn't I ask?

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

@jack-dodds +1.

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Famed Member

Yep! Lane did a great job on these; I was impressed and pick up the convertible. Nice close-up pics Rich!

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Famed Member

Posted by: @rich-sufficool

@mikedetorrice Hi Mike. Where have you been the last few weeks? Or shouldn't I ask?

Hi Rich : I had a stroke at the beginning of July and I am trying to recover from that. It may have been connected to the otherwise apparently very low side effect covid I had at that time after returning from California. I basically seemed over it but I guess not !

Later, in rehab/recovery, I got covid again, although it just made me extremely tired. So I am attempting to recover from everything. Whew, it certainly is not easy, but I have help from great friends and family !

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

@mikedetorrice Mike, my prayers are ongoing for your continued recovery. Good to see you posting.

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Famed Member

..yes, once again Mike, "Good Luck to you and your family."

ReplyQuote
Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@mikedetorrice Hard core pneumonia can really wipe you out for a long time after the major symptoms are gone. I contracted Legionaire's Disease three years ago and was pulled from death with a few minutes to spare. That was 3 years ago and I still have very low energy (as well as a semi-functioning brain). Thr only plus sde was the similarities to COVID gave me immunity from that. Take it slow and be patient, my friend. I had one other major bout of pneumonia in my life.... in the middle of Basic Training at Ft Dix in '68. 2 weeks in the hospital and 2 weeks home and then back to that 16 week nightmare. LOL Of course I was only 22 then, so youth pulled me through.

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Famed Member

Posted by: @rich-sufficool

@mikedetorrice Hard core pneumonia can really wipe you out for a long time after the major symptoms are gone. I contracted Legionaire's Disease three years ago and was pulled from death with a few minutes to spare. That was 3 years ago and I still have very low energy (as well as a semi-functioning brain). Thr only plus sde was the similarities to COVID gave me immunity from that. Take it slow and be patient, my friend. I had one other major bout of pneumonia in my life.... in the middle of Basic Training at Ft Dix in '68. 2 weeks in the hospital and 2 weeks home and then back to that 16 week nightmare. LOL Of course I was only 22 then, so youth pulled me through.

"...semi-functioning brain..."  For having limited brain power Rich, I'd say you do alright.

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Famed Member

Thank you Bob and Chris. I really appreciate your thoughts !

Rich, that sounds like you came through quite a lot and are doing so well now. I sure gives me some hope for some recovery !

Thanks again to all and, by the way, those are beautiful and powerful SS454 Chevelles !

Mike

ReplyQuote
Larry kemling
(@larry-kemling)
Noble Member

Beautiful models,to bad their a bit to modern for my taste!

my latest being a Sunstar 59 Mercury Parklane convertible

158E55B0 B690 48D2 8D32 6294C43C0CE6

This post was modified 2 months ago by Larry kemling

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Famed Member

@larry-kemling Drop dead gorgeous is the first phrase that comes to mind...right? 😏  What else can anyone else say? I suppose, "Show stopper" also works! 😏

ReplyQuote
Share: