(Pics) 1967 Plymouth El Ranchino

10 Posts
5 Users
26 Likes
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

This is only a computer/photoshop of one of my Highway 61 midsize Plymouths to make a possible El Camino/Ranchero type vehicle. I don't know if it would have been a sales success but it still looks cool, in my view ! The different colors are just computer adjustments and my red hemi-powered car was used for all of these images.

IIA Belvedere mod v2x
II Belvedere mod v2bx
II Belvedere mod v2cx
II Belvedere mod v2dx

David Green, Marty Johnson, Paul Rouffa and 5 people reacted
Steve Jacobs
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

I like it a lot but I think I like it even more if that sail panel was just a little bit narrower...

Jus sayin....

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I certainly would encourage people to do PS-type re-designs in their computer to see what various differing ideas and styles they can come up with. In the real world, it can be a balance between style, producibility/practicality, consumer desire/acceptance, politics, etc, etc. It can be difficult for the real auto designer, I imagine, when one group says, "I want MORE of that idea" and others say, "I want LESS of that concept".  Sometimes it seems amazing when they seem to get it pretty correct, lol !

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member

....based on what little I know about the popularity of MoPar "UTES" in Australia, I'd guess Mike's handy work would've given Chrysler executives and market strategist some food for thought.   🤔 🤨 🤔 🤨 

Aussie 2
Aussie 4
Aussie 6
Aussie 3
Aussie 8
Aussie 7
Aussie 5
Aussie 1

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Those Australian utes are really interesting vehicles. The designs are very cool and were popular down there !

ReplyQuote
Charles Rockett
(@charles-rockett)
Famed Member

Posted by: @mikedetorrice

I certainly would encourage people to do PS-type re-designs in their computer to see what various differing ideas and styles they can come up with. In the real world, it can be a balance between style, producibility/practicality, consumer desire/acceptance, politics, etc, etc. It can be difficult for the real auto designer, I imagine, when one group says, "I want MORE of that idea" and others say, "I want LESS of that concept".  Sometimes it seems amazing when they seem to get it pretty correct, lol !

This is probably another reason why all offerings in any given sector look identical these days. When I studied Industrial Design briefly, (as part of a wider course) the mantra was to remove all 'character' from a product as any idiosyncrasy one person would like, another would not. And in today's world that includes international tastes.

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @charles-rockett

This is probably another reason why all offerings in any given sector look identical these days. When I studied Industrial Design briefly, (as part of a wider course) the mantra was to remove all 'character' from a product as any idiosyncrasy one person would like, another would not. And in today's world that includes international tastes.

I suppose that is understandable to some extent but can lead to a sameness and a bland attempt to please (or not "offend") anyone. It is easier when everyone likes and does the same thing. Some Soylent Green anyone ?  

ReplyQuote
Marty Johnson
(@marty-johnson)
Noble Member

That looks like a project that would give Chris Moroni something to do!  Fun stuff!  

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member

@marty-johnson ....absolutely, right after YOU complete this.....

SNEAK2
SNEAK3

ReplyQuote
Marty Johnson
(@marty-johnson)
Noble Member

@chris

ReplyQuote
Share: