12 Posts
5 Users
20 Likes
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

1/18 GMP 2006 Pontiac GTO 6.0 LS2 V8:

A very nice, VERY heavy (as are all GMPs) replica of a beautiful blue/blue Pontiac GTO. Everything just looks right. From the Corvette engine to the trunk liner down to the scale 17" wheels up to the blue interior then down underneath to the chassis. It's all there!  I'll let the pics speak for themselves:

GTO 14
GTO 16
GTO 15
GTO 11
GTO 10
GTO 6
GTO 7
GTO 12
GTO 5
GTO 13
GTO 2
GTO 3
GTO 4
GTO 1
GTO 8
GTO 9

Marty Johnson, 100Ford2003, Jack Dodds and 7 people reacted
john3976
(@john3976)
Famed Member

I miss Pontiac, GM should have been more aggressive with the body design on this car, if they have been it would have been a likely home run, but the blandness of the body to carry the famed GTO name plate was this cars down fall along with GM just ignoring Pontiac. I would have loved to have seen a version of the Firebird from the new Camaro platform as well as it would have been an awesome looking car, there are some aftermarket examples of what a new Firebird would have looked like.

100Ford2003, Jack Dodds, 100Ford2003 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@john3976  GM really didn't do much with this body other than some-what clever badge engineering. GM simply "stuffed" as much meat & muscle into the existing Holden coupe body (from Australia) as they could.  The car really was bad-ass but styling was "not American enough."  As you know, it was a cheap way to try and regain former glory. Not the sign of a "world class" auto maker, was it?

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I miss Pontiac too; they made some great cars... although, looking back, I remember owning only two. Seems like it was more... hmmm...  🤔 🤔 🤔 

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

@chris 

Yep, wish I had found a way to keep my '70 Trans-Am  Laugh  

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@100ford2003 

YEP! That would be a REAL TREASURE today (but you know that already... 😣 😣 )   I had a '84 T/A H.O. Loaded!  (...with a speedo that topped @ 85mph and 190hp... 😣 😣 )

Yours was a REAL T/A. Mine was all show, no go.

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

I did race a '74 Trans-Am on PCH one early morning. I won. We pulled over and he told me he saw 115 on his speedo when he was trying to catch me. Laughing Out Loud  

ReplyQuote
Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Illustrious Member

That's the prettiest Holden I ever did see. I have it in silver.

ReplyQuote
Gavin
(@gavin)
Noble Member

When these came out, I did think the styling was a little tame with a little too much Cobalt Coupe.  I think they've aged very well though & they sound absolutely incredible (nothing like a Cobalt 😉 ).  

Great color on yours, @chris...I would have much preferred your blue, but couldn't pass up the deal on the silver.

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @gavin

When these came out, I did think the styling was a little tame with a little too much Cobalt Coupe.  I think they've aged very well though & they sound absolutely incredible (nothing like a Cobalt 😉 ).  

Great color on yours, @chris...I would have much preferred your blue, but couldn't pass up the deal on the silver.

I couldn't agree more....  They have aged very well but "way back when" I would've never thought it was possible. Silver is nice but I should tell you that I believe these will be available again from ACME.  More colors, perhaps more deals?? 😀 

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

Make mine Orbit Orange...

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@100ford2003 

YES! A great color indeed! From what I've read, the two initial release colors will be Spice red w/black interior & Phantom black w/red interior.  Could Orbit orange be far behind? 🤔 🤔 🤔 

ReplyQuote
Share: