Smokey and the Band...

Notifications
Clear all

Smokey and the Bandit Tractor Trailer and Bandits Trans Am in full southern glory

13 Posts
5 Users
29 Likes
john3976
(@john3976)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Here is my version of the Smokey and the Bandit tractor trailer, it is a 1967 Peterbilt 379 with the MNtrailers Smokey and the Bandit Hobbs trailer, the Trans Am is from Ertl. The Bandit and the Snowman ride again. 

john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

a remarkable set of builds !!!.......Bravo !!!

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member

@john-barry Those aren't really "builds."  That is, the 1/18 Rig is by K&K Road Kings (I've featured a few ) and that trailer is made by a small company in Germany (I think). They make at least 6 different trailer styles to compliment these K&K Road Kings semi rigs.  

A very cool set up for sure.... AND....1/18 "Smokey" figures have been available for quite some time now.  VERY COOL for all the SATB fans!

Smokey Tr 1
Smokey Tr 2
Smokey Tr 3

John Kuvakas reacted
ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

@chris  ..................Oh 😐 ....................well then howabout exemplary horizontal space allocation in a civilian environment,Div IV

John Kuvakas reacted
ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member

@john-barry Yes! I'll give you that... 😀 😀 😀

John Kuvakas reacted
ReplyQuote
john3976
(@john3976)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

To be clear the Peterbilt is from Road Kings, the Trailer is from MNtrailers out of Romania, this was a trailer they had in stock and it only took 7 days to ship from Romania to Florida. Packaged very well to protect the protect the product. 

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

@chris  ............THAT was too easy.....I shoulda pushed for a Div II........no matter john3976, you have a lovely home 😀

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member

@john3976 Yeah! That's it, "Romania!"   Thanks John, I couldn't remember.  And, yes....you have VERY nice displays and presentations. Where's the gift shop?

John Kuvakas reacted
ReplyQuote
john3976
(@john3976)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

An update on the Smokey and the Bandit display, I found a good price on the black & gold Kenworth so I purchased it and put it with the trailer so now it matches the movie as close as you can get in 1/18 scale. 

The red Peterbilt I have ordered another trailer that will be themed different and I am still waiting on the NASCAR Style Trailer to be finished and shipped. The trailer for the Peterbilt will be shipped this Wednesday. 

Here is the Finished Smokey and the Bandit Display shelf with the black & gold Kenworth W900. 

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Illustrious Member

Very nice set up !

100Ford2003 reacted
ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

A few years ago the Bandit Club contacted me to see if they could visit my collection. I was very honored and said yes. On the day of the visit, on the street in front of my house was replica of this truck and trailer and over thirty Trans Ams. My house is on a lake and the street is usually very quiet with people walking their dogs or riding bikes...that day there must have been over 100 people looking at the truck and the cars. Love the model John.

Marty Johnson, 100Ford2003, Jack Dodds and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member

@bob-jackman Really!?!    Now that's a VERY cool story! 😎 😎   Hope you charged admission but gave out vouchers for parking and the gift shop. 😏 😏

ReplyQuote
john3976
(@john3976)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

A couple of Photos of the Bandit Trans Am.

IMG 7600

IMG 7598

John Kuvakas reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: