some pix...I love t...

Notifications
Clear all

some pix...I love the shape of this little Ford, and Minichamps did a great job on it.  

Josh
 Josh
(@josh)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  
IMG 0121
IMG 0125
IMG 0128
IMG 0118
IMG 0117
IMG 0116
IMG 0131

Joshua J. Shy

CMC901, Mike DeTorrice, Marty Johnson and 3 people liked
Chav
 Chav
(@chav)
Estimable Member

To my understanding Ford Capri was sold in US as well. If I recall correctly @pete-rovero converted one 1:24 Hachette Euro version to the American version. 

Josh and John Kuvakas liked
ReplyQuote
Gavin
(@gavin)
Eminent Member

I love this Capri...don't know much about it or the history, but just love the way it looks.  That's actually the same case with the blue/white RS3100 car as well.  I saw it on Scale18 many years ago & just had to get one.  They were so much cheaper then, it was a lot easier to justify.  I'm a lot more selective now.

ReplyQuote
Josh
 Josh
(@josh)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@gavin Glad you included an under hood shot, Always thought it had a wild fuel induction system.

Joshua J. Shy

ReplyQuote
Josh
 Josh
(@josh)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@chav In America these were badged as Mercury's, now defunked division of Ford. I think they look great in racing trim.

Joshua J. Shy

Chav liked
ReplyQuote
Pete Rovero
(@pete-rovero)
Estimable Member

@chav

Hi Chav, yes! It was my first car.  Here are some of the pics, 1:24

IMG 4630
IMG 5348
IMG 5345
IMG 5354
IMG 5362
IMG 5358

CMC901, Mike DeTorrice, Josh and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
Marty Johnson
(@marlowe-or-marty)
Eminent Member

@pete-rovero - I always like the 1:1 when it was brought to the US during the early '70s.  Cool looking little car.  

ReplyQuote
Josh
 Josh
(@josh)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@pete-rovero...You can see two big differences right off the bat. The headlamps I was aware of, is the difference in the hood just option differences or a difference between American to European?

Joshua J. Shy

ReplyQuote
Pete Rovero
(@pete-rovero)
Estimable Member

@josh

The hood differences are model year and trim level as far as the European versions are concerned. I believe after 1969 the GT version had the power bulge hood, the standard cars had the flat hoods.

Ford starting importing the Capri into the states in 1970 for the 1971 model year.  This body style was around for four model years.  All U.S. spec cars had the power bulge hood. In addition, they had the quad headlights with parking/turn signals in the grill, front bumper guards moved closer to the center of the bumper, side marker lights, and head rests.  Engines were also different. For 1971 you could chose between the pushrod 1600cc or the overhead cam 2000cc four cylinder engines.  In 1972 the  2600cc V6 was added, and the 1600cc was eventually dropped late in the model year.

In '71 and '72 you could choose two different trim levels. Exterior wise, the only difference between them was the front grill---silver on the standard trim and black on the deluxe. On the inside deluxe cars had rear bucket-style seats with fold down center arm rest, a flexible map light above the package tray, leather steering wheel and shift knob, and reclining front seats. 

I guess I gave you more info than you asked for.  Sorry about that!

Me at 17 with my new 1972 Capri:

IMG E2564

Josh liked
ReplyQuote
Josh
 Josh
(@josh)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@pete-rovero...No that's great info and I appreciate your time answering my question. The picture of you at 17 is how I remember the Capri, looks great.

Joshua J. Shy

ReplyQuote
CMC901
(@cmc901)
Trusted Member

@chav what a cool model, is this the Capri by minichamps ?  Can’t believe it you got my favourite model. And Thanks for your sharing, nice pictures

ReplyQuote
Chav
 Chav
(@chav)
Estimable Member

• @cmc901 this is @pete-rovero 1:24 modification model, I just linked the 1:18 post with his Capri model

CMC901 liked
ReplyQuote
CMC901
(@cmc901)
Trusted Member

@chav Beautiful car

ReplyQuote
Share: