The MITICAS are finally here!

19 Posts
8 Users
42 Likes
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

When I first learned of these, I was hoping (praying 🙄)  they'd be of the "opening-diecast"  variety.  Sadly, I was hoping for too much. For those who like resins, however, these should do nicely!  

The ONLY fault I can note....are the tires. For 1962, these "wide-whites"  are ALL wrong but it's an easy fix for anyone interested in correcting them. These 1/18 Cadillac Eldorados come in several colors and in top-up or top-down configurations.  They retail for c.$250 and I think they look fabulous!

Where were you in '62?

Cad 62 118 3
Cad 62 118 4
Cad 62 118 2
Cad 62 118 5
Cad 62 118 6
Cad 62 118

Marty Johnson, David Green, John Kuvakas and 1 people reacted
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Famed Member

Posted by: @chris

When I first learned of these, I was hoping (praying 🙄)  they'd be of the "opening-diecast"  variety.  Sadly, I was hoping for too much. For those who like resins, however, these should do nicely!  

The ONLY fault I can note....are the tires. For 1962, these "wide-whites"  are ALL wrong but it's an easy fix for anyone interested in correcting them. These 1/18 Cadillac Eldorados come in several colors and in top-up or top-down configurations.  They retail for c.$250 and I think they look fabulous!

Where were you in '62?

Cad 62 118 3
Cad 62 118 4
Cad 62 118 2
Cad 62 118 5
Cad 62 118 6
Cad 62 118

Ohh, these look nice !!! 

Steve

Mike DeTorrice, Bob Jackman, John Kuvakas and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Marty Johnson
(@marty-johnson)
Noble Member

I have no space for a model this big!  However, I've wanted a '62 Caddy in 1:18 for a lonnnnnnnnnnnng time!  I couldn't resist.  

This post was modified 3 weeks ago 2 times by Marty Johnson

ReplyQuote
Marty Johnson
(@marty-johnson)
Noble Member

Oh, I almost forgot!  Where was I in 1962?  I was a safety patrol lieutenant in the 6th grade.  I remember the "performance" cars from GM and Ford (Chevrolet SS, Buick Wildcat, Pontiac Grand Prix, Oldsmobile Starfire, Ford 500 XL, and Mercury Marauder) drove by we'd jump high so we could see the bucket seats and floor shifters inside the cars.  

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

@marty-johnson  I'm confident you can find room for "one more" .....so long as you DON'T modify it into a AWB gasser! 😏 😏 

I'd LOVE to see 1/18 diecast 1960, '61 & '62 Cadillacs one day.... but I realize the "Diecast Gods"  are against me. 🙄 

I wasn't around in 1962, but I've read about it in history books. Sounds like it was a wonderful time to be alive in America.

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Famed Member

@marty-johnson ,

Marty,  

Congrats on choosing a great color combo. What a nice addition to your collection. 

Steve

ReplyQuote
Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Illustrious Member

@chris I would definitely say the '60s were the height of the car culture at a time when, for youth, the car was your one source of freedom and Detroit began to build just the type of cars we lusted for. Before then, you had to transform a car into something you wanted. Now, you could buy it off the lot.

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

@rich-sufficool Yes, I agree completely, very well said. I'm a 1950's guy (I've lusted after and have been fortunate to own several 50's collector cars) but the 1960's was, without question, THE quintessential CAR decade. It all came together: marketing, pricing, affordability, style, performance, cheap gas, cheap insurance, media influences (TV, radio & magazines/books), and so on and so on...  just an incredible 10 year run! 😀

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Famed Member

@chris

And that's exactly why the 10 year old in 1963 I fell in love with a brand new Corvette and then just a little bit later it's a brand new mustang oh my God I couldn't believe those cars they were the best looking cars I never seen in my whole life and one of my friends call his dad was a Ford dealer and he had a mustang parked out in front of his house every day and we would pass it every day on our way to school on the school bus I lost it after that mustang it was just absolutely the most beautiful car I thought I'd ever seen beside the Corvette. 

Okay I'm sorry my talk-to-text feature is not working very well tonight but I'm sure you can understand what I'm saying

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

@100ford2003  I understand what you are saying, I believe it's something like this....

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @chris

@rich-sufficool Yes, I agree completely, very well said. I'm a 1950's guy (I've lusted after and have been fortunate to own several 50's collector cars) but the 1960's was, without question, THE quintessential CAR decade. It all came together: marketing, pricing, affordability, style, performance, cheap gas, cheap insurance, media influences (TV, radio & magazines/books), and so on and so on...  just an incredible 10 year run! 😀

I couldn't agree more....what an incredible automotive decade!

ReplyQuote
Stanton Lyman
(@stanton-lyman)
Trusted Member

Chris,

Who did you buy the "Mitca' '62 Eldorado from?  "Modelcarswholesale is not a retailer I think you need to be a dealer to buy from them?

Any thoughts,   Many thanks

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

@stanton-lyman 

This eBay seller in Texas (hint: make an offer): Mitica CADILLAC ELDORADO BIARRITZ CONVERTIBLE OPEN 1962 RED LE125 1/18 Scale New | eBay

ReplyQuote
Stanton Lyman
(@stanton-lyman)
Trusted Member

@chris    Many thanks, I was able to order his last black (top-down) version.

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

@stanton-lyman You're very welcome sir!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: