Amazing New Arrival!

This is the 1934 Duesenberg Dual Cowl Phaeton Black in 1:18 scale by Signature Models.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3LKsYPm

To Die For...

Notifications
Clear all

To Die For...

Marty Johnson
(@marty-johnson)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

...or I could have titled it, "Must Have."  

This is a list of models that I've wanted FOREVER! These are the vehicles that I sooooo badly wanted a diecast manufacturer to produce!  When they were available, I didn't hesitate to buy them IMMEDIATELY!  I've been very fortunate.  A lot of my "Must Have" models have made it to market!  In fact, there are very few that remain that are part of my "Must Have" list that has not been produced.  In some cases, the manufacturer didn't make the model but they produced the base which I could modify into the model I actually wanted. 

Must Have Model Car List photo 2

I'm certain every collector has a list.  This is mine.  What's yours?  

This topic was modified 3 weeks ago by Marty Johnson

Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Honorable Member

Yeah...Marty, I'd say you're pretty lucky. As I recall, you also have several replicas of actual cars you've owned. My luck isn't even half as good as yours all both fronts. I'll keep waiting and hoping and wish'en and pray'en....     Reminds me of a song...  🤔 🤔 🤔 

I'll give ya an example: My father's 1967 Cadillac Sedan de Ville was always a favorite of mine (for whatever reason) when I was a kid. It would be great to have a 1/18..  right?

1/18 Resin 1967 Cadillacs ARE AVAILBLE...   There's top-up or top-down convertibles, a Coupe de Ville and a factory limousine....nice selection right?   But NO Sedan de Ville. Of sure, I could modify the Coupe but .... REALLY?   Every body style BUT the one I "need."   AUHG! 😣 😥 😣 😫 😪 😣  

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Christopher Moroni

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Famed Member Registered

Marty, like you, over the years many of my wish list cars have been made. My very first 1/1 cars was a 1937 Studebaker Dictator sedan. I mentioned this several years ago on the 1/43 forum. Shortly after word, John Roberts in England contacted me and said he could build a model of that car in 1/43 scale out of white metal. I immediately said I was interested and we began sharing many emails regarding the 1/1 and my car in particular such as color, tires, etc. After a few months of pictures of the build, the most wonderful image arrived at my doorstep. While the 1937 Studebaker Dictator sedan may not be the most beautiful car ever, having a model of my first car is a treasure as you well know with your 57 Chevy and Mustang convertible.

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Noble Member

I also probably have a gigantic list of models I would like to see in various scales. Just about any stock American car from the 1930's through the 1970's (and others, too) would qualify and in cases where it has been done in one scale, I might also like it in other scales. 

Even if a car has been done, having it also made in the same scale by another manufacturer in a different option or price/detail level can be a treat. 4-doors, top-up convertibles, top-of-the-line form or basic transportation grocery-getters are all options for variety, too.

Some cars that apparently were in development but never were made (like the 1958 Oldsmobile (Precision Miniatures), the 1967 Eldorado (Yat Ming) and the 1953 Kaiser Dragon (Highway 61) are also all candidates.    

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Honorable Member

???   Never knew about any Yat Ming plan to release a '67 Eldo.

ReplyQuote
Marty Johnson
(@marty-johnson)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@bob-jackman - Yes, it's true!  Having cars that we've owned I think is a common dream among collectors.  I've been very fortunate and I've managed to collect models that are very close to 1:1s I've owned. 

My cars

ReplyQuote
Gavin
(@gavin)
Reputable Member

I love that pic, @marty-johnson.   Such a cool progression of cars & even better that you were able to get models of them.

ReplyQuote
Marty Johnson
(@marty-johnson)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@gavin - Thanks!  I've been very fortunate to acquire models of a lot of my vehicles.   

I can add a few more to the list.  Missing is a 1967 Mustang notchback roof, a 2017 Mercedes E-Class, and the Kawasaki 500 Mach III motorcycle.  All three are available in scale but I haven't acquired them yet.  I just acquired the Kawasaki 750 Mach IV.  I'll need to repaint it and then do an update to my photo.  The '67 Mustang would require a repaint.  The 2017 Mercedes E-Class and the Kawasaki 500 are extremely rare and when I've seen them the prices were astronomically high.   

1967 ford mustang hardtop coupe in wilmer mn 99409191670262162
DSC00733b
1970Kawasaki500
Kawasaki 750 H2 Wallpaper1
DSC00201

ReplyQuote
Share:

Amazing New Arrival!

This is the 1934 Duesenberg Dual Cowl Phaeton Black in 1:18 scale by Signature Models.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3LKsYPm