a little More Cowboy-ing Up

8 Posts
3 Users
22 Likes
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Cowboy Curtis puts some scratch together odd-jobbing in San Pedro....teaching the children of the gentry-ed elite, some of the finer points of dressage ......mostly based upon bareback Clydesdale mounts......all of this whilst being serenaded with traditional Tex-Mex Ranchero ballads......sort of a niche segment

looks like ol` Step Stringerson`s gettin` a MIGHT too friendly with bear Scared  

cowboyclyde (8)
cowboyclyde (1)
cowboyclyde (2)
cowboyclyde (3)
cowboyclyde (5)

Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @john-barry

Cowboy Curtis puts some scratch together odd-jobbing in San Pedro....teaching the children of the gentry-ed elite, some of the finer points of dressage ......mostly based upon bareback Clydesdale mounts......all of this whilst being serenaded with traditional Tex-Mex Ranchero ballads......sort of a niche segment

looks like ol` Step Stringerson`s gettin` a MIGHT too friendly with bear Scared  

cowboyclyde (8)
cowboyclyde (1)
cowboyclyde (2)
cowboyclyde (3)
cowboyclyde (5)

Ach ol' Stringerson...we hardly knew ye.  Nice to see there is a record of the moment Step hit his highest note....almost coloratura, it's been told.

David Green, Tony Perrone, john barry and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jack-dodds

Ach ol' Stringerson...we hardly knew ye.  Nice to see there is a record of the moment Step hit his highest note....almost coloratura, it's been told.

Today`s word is Coloratura Nerd 👍 👍 👍 

clydeslider
clydeslide 05

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

Ah, Clydesdales, my favorite form of draught horse. Oops, sorry, I meant draft horse.  Shock  

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @perrone1

Ah, Clydesdales, my favorite form of draught horse. Oops, sorry, I meant draft horse.  Shock  

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  ..........clever connection !!!

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Tony;

Your post triggered a fond old memory for me. In the early 1980s I owned a farm and my neighbor Don Pontious, also a farmer, had a team of Belgian Percherons that he would occasionally hitch up to this huge old freight wagon he had restored many years before.  You could literally hear the rumble of them coming down my 1/3 mile long gravel driveway and feel it in your shoes as they got closer.  Amazing horses!  He was quite a unique person.  I remember one day he was visiting for coffee and when he was leaving he discovered that my black lab Buster had taken one of his slip on work shoes and chewed the hell out of it out on the front lawn, ruining it.  He thought that was hilarious, put on what was left of it and left.  Don has been gone many years now but these good memories remain.

john barry, Tony Perrone, john barry and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

Posted by: @jack-dodds

Tony;

Your post triggered a fond old memory for me. In the early 1980s I owned a farm and my neighbor Don Pontious, also a farmer, had a team of Belgian Percherons that he would occasionally hitch up to this huge old freight wagon he had restored many years before.  You could literally hear the rumble of them coming down my 1/3 mile long gravel driveway and feel it in your shoes as they got closer.  Amazing horses!  He was quite a unique person.  I remember one day he was visiting for coffee and when he was leaving he discovered that my black lab Buster had taken one of his slip on work shoes and chewed the hell out of it out on the front lawn, ruining it.  He thought that was hilarious, put on what was left of it and left.  Don has been gone many years now but these good memories remain.

LOVE IT!!!! We enjoy watching the programs on the RFD Channel. One such that I record is called "Gentle Giants" - all about large draft horses. Terrific show.

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

@perrone1 I forgot to mention that Don's team consisted of four Percherons....hence the RUMBLE.  What a presence they had.

Tony Perrone, john barry, Tony Perrone and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: