A Model Dose 1/24... Thursday 6/02/22

18 Posts
7 Users
68 Likes
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Set 6 of a Small-Town Main Street '58...

Small Town Main Street '58 6 01
Small Town Main Street '58 6 02
Small Town Main Street '58 6 03
Small Town Main Street '58 6 04
Small Town Main Street '58 6 05
Small Town Main Street '58 6 06
Small Town Main Street '58 6 07
Small Town Main Street '58 6 08
Small Town Main Street '58 6 09

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

Tony Perrone, Jack Dodds, 100Ford2003 and 11 people reacted
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

Thanks John......the situation with the Corvette grows more dire with each passing day !!! Scared ......Now,it appears,the menacing tactics of the hauler are joined by an encroaching building....if it`s at all possible,a zoning commission office should be "revealed" ASAP

Tony Perrone, Jack Dodds, John Merritt and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Illustrious Member

WOW! 

John, I think I like this one the best of the series you've done so far.  Absolutely looks like a real small town main street.  GREAT JOB!  Keep 'em coming!  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

Lol, Main St. '58... Must be late September as I see some '59 Impalas there. I love your Main St.  Reminds me of growing up in and around Depew and Lancaster New York. These towns are just outside of Buffalo. 

Steve

ReplyQuote
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@100ford2003 

It is late '58, September/October - just prior to new car introduction was the thought I had back when I took these.

John Merritt

100Ford2003, Ed Davis, Jack Dodds and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

@jcarnutz  

I'll never ever forget all the times my Dad and I would hit up the dealerships after closing to see the new cars in the back lots. 

I'm pretty sure that most if not all of us here remember that when the cars were being delivered on the car carriers they were all enclosed and covered up so you couldn't see them that was such a thrill. 

Good Lord life was so much simpler and better then. How I long for those days and I'll never forget those days with my Dad. 

If I remember everything correctly my dad had a 55 Oldsmobile in red and white and then a 59 Impala in white with that multi blue interior and then we got a 63 vintage burgundy Country Squire wagon and my dad had bought a Ford Econoline van for his business he was an electrician.  

Reading all of the post by everybody on this forum gives me such great memories and takes me back to when I was just a kid and had so much fun growing up along with all of the fun times that we had in cars and naming cars when we were on the road my mom and dad always said that before or almost before learning how to say Mom and Dad or Mommy and Daddy I was naming cars and my dad would have to race up to the car to see if I was right and nine times out of 10 I was my mom said my dad was simply amazed. 

Smile

Steve

ReplyQuote
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@100ford2003 

I thought about covering them. Unfortunately, I just couldn't find a material that worked well or looked good enough. I opted for this scenario instead.

John Merritt

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

@jcarnutz  

That's just too funny !!! What was used in the '50's - '60's ? Was it some kind of paper or canvas ? 

Steve

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Illustrious Member

@100ford2003 

All through the later 1950's and through the 1970's, like many car lovers my age, I could name the year and make of every car on the road.  While riding with my dad, I'd be rattling them off as they came at us or on side streets.  I was never stumped.  Those were the days when each car had it's own distinctive look and style.  Good times for sure!

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

Jack Dodds, John Merritt, Jack Dodds and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

@georgeschire  

101% Absolutely agree with you George !!!

It makes me sad that I'll never be able to share memories like that with my children. 

Steve

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Illustrious Member

@100ford2003 nice post Steve. My favourite memory as a young car enthusiast was our Melbourne Motor Show seeing all the latest models and those to come all in the one place. And coming home with armfuls of brochures. 

Jack Dodds, 100Ford2003, John Merritt and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

@geoff-jowett  

You bet !!! Those were some truly awesome times for us car lovers !  One of my all time fav car shows was the Los Angeles 1972 show where I got slip behind the wheel of my favorite car then and still to this day.... A De Tomaso Pantera... I still LOVE it.

You can have all the Lambos 'n Prancin Horses you want.... Gimme a Pantera...its gotta have the chrome bumpers though. None of those black rubber covered ones. And the original Campagnolo wheels too ! 

Steve

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

And, I love the Mangusta ever since I first saw it ! 

Steve

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

@100ford2003 I did my version of the naming every car on the road before I was in grade school.  Lol.

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Illustrious Member

@100ford2003 wow Steve, that is something!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: