Auction

6 Posts
4 Users
10 Likes
busdriver2089
(@busdriver2089)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Going to the auction site, it looks like a ghost town compared to days of old.  Curious as to reasons why it hasn't come back to even a faint level of what it once was. 

John Napoli
(@carsman1958)
Illustrious Member

1. It's hard to maneuver thru.

2. It's hard to see what is even up for auction, with all the sold and unsold still being shown.

Pete Rovero, Allan Ording, Mark Sweeney and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Chav
 Chav
(@chav)
Famed Member

With the auctions ... there are alternatives. What I am very upset about is the destruction of the database. When I started coming here 10 years ago, there were 4 major pillars of this community: the club, the database, the auctions and the forum. Now we are done to one, the forum.

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

Posted by: @chav

What I am very upset about is the destruction of the database. When I started coming here 10 years ago, there were 4 major pillars of this community: the club, the database, the auctions and the forum. Now we are done to one, the forum.

Another member posted a list of 1:24th scale FM and DM Mint cars. They are listed by: Year, Make, Model, Color, CODE & Date Issued. If you (1) find the model you're interested in by scrolling down the lists, (2) copy the CODE. (3) Come back here to the Car  List & Reviews. (4) In the top search box, click open and select "MPN". (5) enter that CODE in the second search box and click 'search'. Some aren't complete and you may find all or portions of the pics and/or reviews missing; but some are still intact.

The two archived lists:

FM - http://www.coachbuilt.com/bui/f/franklin_mint/franklin_mint.htm

DM - http://www.coachbuilt.com/bui/d/danbury_mint/danbury_mint.htm

ReplyQuote
John Napoli
(@carsman1958)
Illustrious Member

@perrone1 Tony:  Why could those lists from the old site, be incorporated into this one so that they are easy to find.  I have now bookmarked both of those, and hope that there are others for the the other makes as well.

Tony Perrone reacted
ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

Posted by: @carsman1958

@perrone1 Tony:  Why could those lists from the old site, be incorporated into this one so that they are easy to find.  I have now bookmarked both of those, and hope that there are others for the the other makes as well.

Good question my friend and way beyond my current pay grade I'm afraid.  Formal Smile  

John Napoli reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: