DISPLAY OR NOT?

98 Posts
17 Users
161 Likes
Pete Rovero
(@pete-rovero)
Famed Member

@stewil 

Thanks for sharing your amazing displays and collection!  If I was in your basement, I would have sensory overload and probably couldn't move for a week.  I'd hate to think what would happen if I went to Bob Jackman's house.

john barry reacted
ReplyQuote
Pete Rovero
(@pete-rovero)
Famed Member

@john-barry 

JB, you are most certainly a talented craftsman.  Thanks for showing how you created your shelf lighting.  I was going to ask about that. 

john barry reacted
ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Illustrious Member

@stewil extraordinary model, thank you Steve, much appreciated

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

AWESOME displays Steve - AWESOME!

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

Posted by: @bob-jackman

All 6,000 plus models are on display. My 1/18 scale are displayed in my finished garage while the others are in the house. I have a very understanding wife who actually likes my little cars and I like her miniatures so it works out well.

Bob may be too modest to show it. So in case some have NOT seen it, here's a peek at his collection. Go Full Screen on this video:

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @perrone1

All 6,000 plus models are on display. My 1/18 scale are displayed in my finished garage while the others are in the house. I have a very understanding wife who actually likes my little cars and I like her miniatures so it works out well.

Bob may be too modest to show it. So in case some have NOT seen it, here's a peek at his collection. Go Full Screen on this video:

Thanks Tony 😆 I just watched this again,in it`s entirety......Bob and his wife seem such happy and genuinely decent folk.....I feel better just for having seen them again

Tony Perrone reacted
ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @pete-rovero

@john-barry 

JB, you are most certainly a talented craftsman.  Thanks for showing how you created your shelf lighting.  I was going to ask about that. 

Thanks Pete.......if there are any details I might`ve missed just let me know

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

Posted by: @john-barry
Posted by: @perrone1

Thanks Tony 😆 I just watched this again,in it`s entirety......Bob and his wife seem such happy and genuinely decent folk.....I feel better just for having seen them again

Big +1 Buddy!!

john barry reacted
ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Illustrious Member

@stewil 

As I read these posts and see all these pictures of our collections, I realize that our wives are a very important part of this hobby. Their support, encouragement, and in some cases tolerance of some of these huge collections, is very important. Even in my case with my modest size collection this is true.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I have so much enjoyed all the stories and sharing of our little cars that this thread has provided.  THANK YOU everyone!  And hey, let's keep it going....

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

Thanks everyone for the comments. I've said this many times before, but any fellow collectors are most welcome to tour our collections if you are ever in Mississippi. The collection has been seen by many 1/1 car clubs and Lori and I enjoy sharing the collections with folks. It doesn't do any good to collect these models if no one gets to see them.

Pete Rovero, Tony Perrone, Frank Reed and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

Thanks everyone for the comments. I've said this many times before, but any fellow collectors are most welcome to tour our collections if you are ever in Mississippi. The collection has been seen by many 1/1 car clubs and Lori and I enjoy sharing the collections with folks. It doesn't do any good to collect these models if no one gets to see them.

God Bless You & Lori!      Inlove

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

A most generous offer Bob, that I hope some day I can take you up on.  I've watched that video clip many times of your incredible collection, and to my eyes, it is heaven on earth.  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Illustrious Member

@bob-jackman 

Thanks for the offer. It’s been about 40 years since I have been to Mississippi, and if I go there again, I will contact you.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
Steve Williams
(@stewil)
Honorable Member

In the for what it's worth category - I looked over what I posted recently and found a hole. I had meant to close out the tour of my display room with a final picture but got in a hurry to post and did not include it, but now have. Also thought of two other pics that might be of interest. Updated the original post but here are the new pics plus text.

This message is in the center of the wall amidst the cars. This was how I explained the display room to my four year old niece when she 1st stepped into the room, stood stock still with only her head swiveling, stunned, taking it all in. She "got it" then, is 19 now, and still loves the Car Story Room. I transferred the explanation into print on the wall because if it worked for her it might work for others too. LoL  

IMG 2544

Seen within the display case in front of the wall display is my attempt at poetry which explains the relationship between race and street cars, i.e., "racing improves the breed".

IMG 2550

The final PIC closed out the tour of the room. The other side of the 1/2 wall is a bookshelf containing the car stories. The car story room is an automotive reference library with books, visual (DVD's & TV car stories in cabinet below the TV), and the models serving as 3-D examples of the automobiles story.

IMG 2524
This post was modified 1 year ago 6 times by Steve Williams

Models = Miracles in miniature = Holding History in ones hand
Cheers and Happy Collecting,
Steve

Chav, Bob Jackman, Pete Rovero and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 7
Share: