Early and mid 1920s Model T passenger vehicles

7 Posts
4 Users
14 Likes
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I'd hoped DM would have made a sedan and coupe to go with their Touring and Roadster versions. I've found a 1/25 (somewhat limited quality) AMT coupe kit and I've seen a sedan kit around too. I have a few Model T commercial and utility models as well, including a couple in work which I'll try and post all together.

mt1
mt2
mt3
mt4
mt5

together once the couple are finished.

mt6
mt7

This topic was modified 4 months ago by Geoff Jowett

Jim McDonald, Greg, Pete Rovero and 5 people reacted
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

Geoff, I really like the coupe and wished DM had done it I like your build.

Tony Perrone reacted
ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

thanks Bob, is there a more iconic car in automotive history?

ReplyQuote
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member

Gentlemen of the larger scale:  I am a denizen of Forum 43, but I enjoy browsing all the cites;  Forum 24 often interests me, especially this treatise on the Model T.  A few years ago, as I passed my 80th year, I re-awakened an old interest - assembling car kits.  The vast majority of the 30 or so I have built since then have been 1/43, but there are exceptions.  Here are a few examples:

IMG 8771

As I enjoyed Mr. Jowett's comments and good pictures on the Model T situation, I remembered this one and finally found it:

IMG 8764
IMG 8766
IMG 8765
IMG 8768
IMG 8770
IMG 8767

The model is described as a 1909 Sport Runabout Ford Model T, and the side panels also show a depot hack (which I do not have). No scale is listed anywhere, but I think it's about the size your forum likes.  (added later:  I found the depot hack for sale on eBay and it was listed as scale 1/20.)  There is no date of manufacture on the box.  The place of origin is Dyersville, IA,  home of many metal toys (ERTL) and kits some twenty or thirty years ago.  I just wondered if this one is interesting, forgotten, or not worth fooling with.

Keep those "big ones" going, guys.  I wish I had more room!

David Holcombe/  aka David H over on Forum 43 Nerd  

This post was modified 3 months ago by David H

Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

@d-m-holcombe thanks for sharing those David, yes I check other scale forums too. I have around 40 1/43s and will add more, but I started in 1987 with 1/24 so thats where I've stuck! I too started kit building again after about 60 years and after retirement. Now I'm hooked, cant stop! I love Model Ts. Have 12 1/24s, diecast and kits and will add more. Heres a couple of kit examples I've posted recently.

2c2

here a friend added the real wood stakebed:

tt4

Bob Jackman and David H reacted
ReplyQuote
Greg
 Greg
(@diecast1-24cars)
Reputable Member

Nice work Geoff

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett