9 Posts
6 Users
4 Likes
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155101621944?hash=item241cc6eeb8:g:gtsAAOSw1rNi6UHM

the sellers email name rings a bell. I think they may be known here on the board?

Chav reacted
John Napoli
(@carsman1958)
Famed Member

Paul Hettick is a wonderful builder of models. His work has been shown on the this site a number of times.   As for Robbbbbbbb57, not sure who he is.

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

a bid increment of $1530.00 by a "buyer" with a single feedback rating,seems fishy____________

the CAR,on the other hand is very attractive and "3D print resin promo" and begs a lot of questions.....many of which are addressed in the sales/info pitch

ReplyQuote
John Sharisky
(@john-sharisky)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @carsman1958

...As for Robbbbbbbb57, not sure who he is.

That's Paul's eBay seller account (actually: robbbbbb57).

John Sharisky
Marlborough, Massachusetts USA

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

@john-barry I didnt notice that John, yes I agree, somewhat concerning.

john barry reacted
ReplyQuote
Chav
 Chav
(@chav)
Noble Member

Posted by: @geoff-jowett

Paul's builds regularly reach prices in thousands. The models are also extremely unique as he, I believe, is the pattern maker and then he sells kits ... but the kits are very limited to the body and major parts. So, in order to build such a kit, you have to be a master or hire someone to build it. So, you are looking in the thousands too for a custom build of this quality.

Obviously, prices like this are not in the range of the average collector and being so unique these models drag the attention of affluent serious collectors, some of them people who don't shop on eBay ... It could be also infrequent eBay user shopping for a gift, what a great gift idea for a car nuts. What I am trying to say is that the fact the top bidder has 1 feedback doesn't make it unlikely this is a serious bidder. Now, it also could be someone interested in the model who is trying to figure out what the top price of the second bidder is and bids with a phony account. Later they could withdraw the bit or just not pay for the item. Even if they don't pay for the item, Paul can sell to the second bidder with "second chance" offer, as the second bidder seems very serious and most likely already a customer of the seller.

john barry reacted
ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @chav
Posted by: @geoff-jowett

Paul's builds regularly reach prices in thousands...........

his completed sales history tells quite a story of many hi-priced sales.........coincidentally,the highest price fetched in the limited history displayable on ebay ($2095.00) is,to the dollar, exactly the same amount as the bid as it stands today

that would`ve been a `77 New Yorker that sold on 07/05/2022

Chav reacted
ReplyQuote
Pete Rovero
(@pete-rovero)
Noble Member

Amazing build!  It just sold on eBay for $2,849.99!!!

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

thank you for the further information gentlemen. I remember Paul Hettick being discussed on the old board now.

ReplyQuote
Share: